brake info

just wondering what brake setup yall have on your rollas. still have oem everything for me. thanks for the help
I've got the Power Stop Z23 Evo Extreme kit on mine. Cross-drilled & slotted rotors, with carbon fiber & ceramic pads. I've also painted my calipers. I wish Brembo had a kit for the Corrolla like they do for the Civic.

I've got the Power Stop Z23 Evo Extreme kit on mine. Cross-drilled & slotted rotors, with carbon fiber & ceramic pads. I've also painted my calipers. I wish Brembo had a kit for the Corrolla like they do for the Civic.
pics? was thinking about getting Centric C-TEK Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors...but carbon fiber pads?

I just redid my brakes this weekend! StopTech slotted rotors and EBC redstuff pads. Wow it makes a big difference and I haven't even broken them in yet! Just FYI the rear disk brakes are a major pain to redo. Took me forever to figure them out. And yes, it's time to repaint those calipers LOL.
20170318_153004.jpg 20170318_165247.jpg 20170309_215110.jpg 20170309_215238.jpg 20170309_214730.jpg

Ive not seen an upgraded caliper yet...Im on the phone today to order the EBC set...only trouble is Ive found part number discrepancies around suppliers. Need to figure out who is right and wrong.

A set of Power Stops Ive found for $177...the equivalent EBC set over $350...These prices from the sale supplier. Are Power Stops that inferior? Whats the quality of their stuff??

A set of Power Stops Ive found for $177...the equivalent EBC set over $350...These prices from the sale supplier. Are Power Stops that inferior? Whats the quality of their stuff??
I've got PowerStop Z23 Evo's on mine, & they're amazing! I read a ton of reviews on them before I got them, & not just for Corolla's. Every review I read; whether it was for a passenger car, or a pickup truck; they all praised these as having better stopping power than stock brakes. The ceramic pads also are quiet & low on dust. Plus the rotors stay shiny. ;)

Those EBC's start out black, but that eventually wears off.

I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for, but I honestly don't think it's worth twice the price.

have yall gone with upgraded calipers as well or stock?
Haven't found any yet. I'd love to have a set of Brembo's much like the new Civic Type-R...

I do know that Monkey Wrench Racing has steel-braided brake lines that fit the 10th Gen Corolla, but they haven't tested them the 11th Gen yet. I honestly don't think that there's much difference in that regard between the 2 generations.

I've got PowerStop Z23 Evo's on mine, & they're amazing! I read a ton of reviews on them before I got them, & not just for Corolla's. Every review I read; whether it was for a passenger car, or a pickup truck; they all praised these as having better stopping power than stock brakes. The ceramic pads also are quiet & low on dust. Plus the rotors stay shiny. ;)

Those EBC's start out black, but that eventually wears off.

I'm a firm believer in that you get what you pay for, but I honestly don't think it's worth twice the price.
Those look good on your ride...I called and spoke to a rep and uestioned him on the differences of the two brands. He praised each but held the EBC in slightly higher regard in performance...lord knows they are more brake then a Corolla needs...but I ordered them anyway. :) They ship tomorrow with the redstuff pads.