Burning Oil?

Hey,

Well, not it's not...don't have one yet. In about 3 weeks though, I plan on getting a new 2015 Corolla S.

I have always thought Corollas and all Toyotas to be very reliable. However, I was talking to one of my mechanic friends and they recommend getting something else, because they say Corollas burn oil. Didn't believe him at first, until I researched it......and boy was he right.

My question is, do the newer 2014+ Corollas still have issues like the older ones?

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Hey,

Well, not it's not...don't have one yet. In about 3 weeks though, I plan on getting a new 2015 Corolla S.

I have always thought Corollas and all Toyotas to be very reliable. However, I was talking to one of my mechanic friends and they recommend getting something else, because they say Corollas burn oil. Didn't believe him at first, until I researched it......and boy was he right.

My question is, do the newer 2014+ Corollas still have issues like the older ones?

Thanks in advance,
Nate
There was a brief period of time in late nineties and early 2000's when Toyota had several motors that burned oil and could build sludge easily without proper care and a good oil. I unfortunately had an 01 Corolla and it was burning a quart every thousand miles when I traded it at 135k miles, even with proper maintenance. That's still technically considered acceptable by carmakers, but not by me, and its a a real nuisance. There could be some oil consumption with the Corolla due to the very thin oil specified, but I wouldn't be concerned about it. The issues of 15 years ago are long since solved.

VTAK8k

2014 S Plus
I've got a 2014 that's about to get its 10,000 mile service and I just checked the oil, it is still full. I did get the oil changed at 5,000, I don't remember if it was low that time.

I have a Honda Civic that burns a little oil but it's motor revs up to 8,000 RPMs everyday, so that's expected.

No issues with oil consumption, and the 2ZR-FE has been around since 2009, so if any oil consumption issues existed with these engines, they would have surfaced by now.

As others have said, '98 - '02 1ZZ-FE have the oil burning issues, while the '03 - '08 1ZZ-FE had no issues.