Carbon Fiber Roof Wrap

Hey Guys.. Wrapped my roof and mirrors in 3m 1080 Carbon Fiber. These pictures are dark now.. i will put up light ones tomorrow.

Also,
The front "lip" area was plastidipped to give it Lexus IS250 F look.

Thanks Guys!

Outstanding!

Any tricks to trimming and tucking it?
hey!
This is my first time ever wrapping anything.. Went in with zero experience. Just lots of youtube videos.

hiding the sides and back part is easy because trim hides it. To get it in the groove infront of the windshield it to squeeges. one to move the trim back and another to tuck it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAjIXefdhY

7:35 kind of explains what im talking about.

Very nice. I was planning on using gloss black vinyl to the roof but not I see it looks much better. What type of carbon fiber vinyl did you use? 3D or 4D? Difference is the 4D is glossy while the 3D is more rigid. Also, what dimensions did you use for the roof? L x W?

Very nice. I was planning on using gloss black vinyl to the roof but not I see it looks much better. What type of carbon fiber vinyl did you use? 3D or 4D? Difference is the 4D is glossy while the 3D is more rigid. Also, what dimensions did you use for the roof? L x W?
I used 3m 1080 Carbon Fiber vinyl from Amazon. It has a textured feel and reflects light how carbon fiber would. In that kind of dispersed light look.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotchprint-Carbon-Fiber-Vinyl/dp/B00597E5WI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1403742862&sr=8-5&keywords=3m+1080+carbon+fiber[/ame]

I needed a 6ft x 5 ft sheet to the roof. I had about 10" x 6' left over to do the mirrors with

I'm ordering some of the 3M wrap. Have the XM antenna (I assume that's what it is) on the back of the roof. Any tips on how to get this off, or should i just trim around it?

Well, you'd go to YouTube.com and type "Removing Satellite Radio Antenna from Corolla" and then pressing "Enter".

I went and did it for you. It is held down by a bolt, so you need to remove the roof liner to remove it. You may be able to trim around it and make it look decent but that will be hard to do.

I hope you realize that was a completely smart a$$ question :D

Yes, I know how to search YouTube.

And I did....and there wasn't a readily apparent answer/video. So I asked here, because the great part about a forum of like-minded folks is you can "crowd-source" your questions, and usually get an answer that is usually (a) more accurate than the Internet writ large, and (b) someone you can follow-up with and ask additional questions.

And for the record: I found no specific YT videos for the 2014 Corolla, but if you've got a link to one I missed, I'd be glad to check it out.

I'll post it if I can find it again. I figured they would be bolted anyway to keep people from stealing them. And I was hoping you were being sarcastic, LOL!

Thanks! The one I found was for a '08 or so. Removing the headliner seems to be the tricky part.

(Re: searching YouTube...just a bit about my personal background: I've worked in IT security for about 13 years, and general IT for another 5. I've been using the Internet since the mid-90's. I just had to laugh when you said that--but I understand that lots of folks come to a forum, ask a question, and don't even bother doing even the most basic of searches of either the forum or the Internet.)

There are tons of videos on how to cut the wrap around an antenna. Much easier then removing pieces. the wrap is easy to deal with.

My wrap arrived today!!

Should be a fun project this long weekend holiday. Standby for either (a) pics of my cool new carbon fiber roof or (b) a news report of a bald white guy who shot up his car with a 12 ga out of frustration for a modification gone bad and $80 bucks down the drain.....:laughing:

(Got a can of PlasiDip as well, going to do emblems)

Let us know how it turns out.

I work with computers as well (Computer Science major, one more year to go!). But yeah, tons of questions people ask that could be answered by looking in the manual.

And YouTube is awesome for How To's, but sometimes you gotta be careful. I've found a few errors here and there and things that made me shout "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Almost three years later and I swear I have this guy's car!! I just bought a used Corolla that looks identic Screenshot_20170219-172045.png al and when I showed my son a picture he asked if it was wrapped. He then found this link. Here is my car I got yesterday in Georgia!!

Betzy

Almost three years later and I swear I have this guy's car!! I just bought a used Corolla that looks identic View attachment 2217 al and when I showed my son a picture he asked if it was wrapped. He then found this link. Here is my car I got yesterday in Georgia!!
It would be awsomely incredible if it was the same vehicle. Well? ....
Did he sell his car? Other possibility, there may be a few out there impersonating yours.
Hallarius.
Betzy