Considering a Project - Questions!

I am strongly considering saving this beauty:

But I'm trying to figure out how impossible it will be to restore the interior to a semi-reasonable state.

It's pretty much 100% gutted, when I pick it up I would have to bring one of my extra Supra seats.

But the biggest question I have is:

Do any other Corolla door panels work for the E52 Corollas doors? or is it pretty specific?

Also, would any other bumpers fit and look good on the back?

I checked with the junkyards near me and none of them have any totalled E52s, which didn't surprise me, just crossed my fingers.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I'm a sucker for hard-luck car projects too! The bigger issue for me would be is there any rust? For me that's almost always a deal-breaker for me.

Kevin

Why in blue blazes did someone rip the interior out? :thumbdown:

You can find just about any parts you need at -

http://www.Car-Part.com
Your guess is as good as mine :/ I assume with the stupid rattle can numbers on the side it was some teenager trying to make a drift car.

Thanks for the link! Saved it

I'm a sucker for hard-luck car projects too! The bigger issue for me would be is there any rust? For me that's almost always a deal-breaker for me.
Kevin
I'm going to check it out pretty thoroughly before I get it, but we don't have big rust problems in Southern Oregon, but I'll certainly check it out.

That would be a deal breaker for me also. :(

Kev250R

This is my other car
We don't have a lot of rust issues here in So.Cal. either but I'm currently knee-deep in replacing a couple of panels on a '60 Ranchero which rusted (and were poorly repaired in the past). This is on a car (truck?) which has never left So.Cal. Some cars just rust-out easier than others. Some of the guys in the rust belt should be able to tell you better where to look for it. Regardless it looks like it could be a fun project! :)

Kevin

Regardless it looks like it could be a fun project! :)
I actually fell for these cars hard, there was one in very good condition 400 miles north of me, and I was going to the ends of the earth to figure out how I would get up there and be able to afford it and get it back, but then the guy sold it out from under me despite that he and I had been talking about me going up to get it and making plans. :/

Then I saw this on my local craigslist, and after searching every craigslist in a 500 mile radius I didn't find a single one aside from this.

So I think this might have to be my baby, but I'm trying to be smart about it instead of just hopping on it.

Were the interior parts saved so they can be reinstalled?
Thinking about it, I haven't flat out asked him that.
But he has heavily implied that they were trashed, but I will ask.

Edit: No go :( Everything was thrown away at the local dump, literally nothing left.

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Thinking about it, I haven't flat out asked him that.
But he has heavily implied that they were trashed, but I will ask.

Edit: No go :( Everything was thrown away at the local dump, literally nothing left.
:blink::eek::thumbdown::rolleyes::furious: Intelligence challenged indeed. Throwing out the interior, and the hundreds of dollars it will cost to replace it, that car is worth about $25!