Corolla LE Clutch Kit

Clutch kit upgrades the original clutch in a manual transmission car.

The only way you'll make your car fully manual (as a CVT), is by either finding a 6-speed manual transmission to swap out (and you'll have to change the PCM, the brake pedal support assembly, and the wiring harness), or figuring out a way to retrofit paddle shifters on your CVT (if you don't have them, that is).

Jlinn

Clutch kit upgrades the original clutch in a manual transmission car.

The only way you'll make your car fully manual (as a CVT), is by either finding a 6-speed manual transmission to swap out (and you'll have to change the PCM, the brake pedal support assembly, and the wiring harness), or figuring out a way to retrofit paddle shifters on your CVT (if you don't have them, that is).
Don't want paddle shifters I want the clutch pedal and knob but is it possible for my tranny to become manual with a clutch kit? (Sorry if this is a repetitive question)

To be honest with you, if you want a stickshift, I would suggest doing a trade on your LE for the L or S 6-speed. Converting your LE to a stickshift is going to run you well over $6k (that's just in parts, and honestly, from what I have read, you would need professional help to do this installation), and involve all of these parts.

Parts needed (all will come from an L 6MT unless otherwise noted):
  • PCM (S Plus 6MT)
  • Wiring harness (S Plus 6MT)
  • 6-speed transmission
  • Flywheel
  • Clutch kit
  • Clutch slave cylinder
  • Clutch feed lines
  • Clutch master cylinder
  • Brake master cylinder (with tube running from the brake master cylinder to the clutch master cylinder)
  • Shifter linkage assembly
  • Shifter assembly
  • Center console
  • Shifter bezel
  • Brake pedal support assembly
  • Clutch pedal
  • Clutch pedal start safety interlock switch
  • Clutch pedal position switch (S Plus 6MT)
Needless to say, there's so much involved going from an automatic to a manual, that you are better off trading in for a manual. The only exception would be for an old muscle car or something rare.