Did I Fry My Computer? (No Radio, Power Steering, Blinkers, etc.)

2012 Toyota Corolla S

I installed an aftermarket remote start unit. It ran just fine for a couple days, then it blew a fuse for the ignition switch. No biggie. replaced the fuse.

But now, there's a lot of stuff that's not working.

Turn signals, radio, speedometer, and power steering are just a few. I'm not sure what else is not working, but I'm sure there's stuff I don't know about. I even can't take it out of Park without pressing the button on the gear selector.

I'm not sure what's going on with it. I have some car repair experience, but not a lot. Did the blown fuse fry the computer? Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to check/replace next?

Here's a picture of all of the lights illuminated on my dash:

Last edited:
UPDATE!

After a little more troubleshooting, I found a blown fuse under the dash. I can't remember the name of it, but it's a 7.5A fuse in the 15th position in the fusebox.

After replacing the fuse, it seems like everything is back to normal.

Yeah, I installed it myself. I think where I went wrong was that I tied into the ignition's +12V instead of running the main power to the battery. The remote start has a 20A fuse on it already, and I think the ignition fuse is 7.5 or 10A. I have it disconnected for now. This weekend, I'm going to run the wire through the firewall and to the battery.