DIY Rear Shield Nozzle Problem

Hello to all,

after buying car (corolla 2002, US: 2003-08), rear nozzle didn't work so I used the needle to clean it and after that 3-4 times when I tried washer fluid started coming out of the nozzle (more like fast dripping than like spraying like it should be). After that nothing, when trying to spray I can hear only buzzing of the rear pump washer and after maybe 5-6 tryouts a few drops came out.

Now in order to test whether the problem is with the pump or hose is clogged somewhere I need to pull the hose out somewhere. The rear nozzle is not easily accessible and I can access only marked part in the attached picture.
I tried to pull out the hose from the plastic joint but it's toot tight and won't come off. I'm afraid that I could break the joint if I try harder. Unfortunately on the youtube there is not a tutorial for the rear nozzle.

Did some of you have the similar problem with the nozzle? I don't want to take off the front bumper cover in order to access the pump. Just want to see if the fluid is coming to the rear part of the car at all.

Thank you

Attachments

fishycomics

Super Moderator
You will need to start somewhere?

take apart the front first swap front hose-to-rear hose, works you know the motor is shot. But if the rear works for the front, but not the back the motor is going.

If it does not work for the front for the rear, then you got a dried out spot. What fluids did you used, b'c some will dry out in the line. cause a blockage.

I keep trying to get fluid in there a few seconds will not do the trick, may take a few min's

try forcing air not a dust can , but compressed air.

to take off the nozzle maybe you can post a real pic, not a drawing, you got a smartphone,. right? Lol, then I can tell you there is a clip inside holding that nozzle, or just find where the tabs are at. But todays times things change, right

Well, I pull out the hose from the bottom part that is marked red in the attached picture. And then I tested and saw that water is coming, so water(fluid) pump is OK so as the connections till almost very end. So the nozzle or the hose (about 10 cm only) is clogged. Yesterday, when I used a needle, water started coming out but only for a short time until (probably) it clogged again. I tried to clean it today with compressed air on the petrol station, but diameter of the hose was smaller than diameter of nozzle from compressor so air dispersed in all directions. Tomorrow I'll buy compressed air can and try to clean it from the outer side. These compressed air cans usually have thin straws that I can use to clean it by air from the outside.

The problem is on the rear nozzle I cannot see actual small hole on the nozzle like it is possible on the front, so there is also a possibility that this hole is somehow misplaced or moved and actually there is no flow path from the hose to the outside of the nozzle.

Disconnect the line, and then use the needle to clear the jam, then use compressed air for about 30 seconds to a minute., and then reconnect the line, otherwise, the jam will keep coming back. It may also be easier to remove the nozzle, run the pump without it for 30 seconds, and replace it with a new nozzle, so that you know the line is clear.

Disconnect the line, and then use the needle to clear the jam, then use compressed air for about 30 seconds to a minute., and then reconnect the line, otherwise, the jam will keep coming back. It may also be easier to remove the nozzle, run the pump without it for 30 seconds, and replace it with a new nozzle, so that you know the line is clear.
I did what you said and it worked. After few futile attempts I thought that water pump's pressure is too low. When I kept air pressure longer suddenly the dirt came out and now I have a very good water jet on the back shield.

Thank you for your advices.