Engine Whistling When More Than 2500 RPM

After ATF change I started hear from engine whistling when more then 2500rpm.
Even when I move gear to Neutral.
I think I little overfill ATF.

Do I need to show it to Toyota mechanics?

I forewarned you that transmission needed special Toyota equipment in order to safely change the transmission fluid and that it isn't a backyard mechanic job. I even posted the Technical Service Bulletin about this for you. I shared this information for your publicly and also sent you a private message to be certain you received this critical information, as another member here was providing you incorrect and bad advice about this.

Toyota Transmission Fill System (43k PDF) (Revision: 1/12/10)

For some reason, you didn't heed my advice and proceeded anyway.

Now there is a problem with the car. :blink:

I tried.

I hope the very expensive automatic transmission has not been damaged. :(

A member of the Corolla Forum who has no professional automotive training, is not and has not been employed in the automotive industry, (as I have been for many years), encouraged you not to take my advice, not to use the superior performing, less costly to use AMSOIL synthetic ATF and not to change the transmission fluid using the recommended Toyota special equipment. Will that person now pay for any damage that has been done to the transmission? :unsure:

Which automatic transmission fluid was used?

Why didn't you listen to my advice? Did you think I was lying for some reason? :confused:

Yes, it would be prudent to get the vehicle to a competent Toyota automotive technician in order to evaluate what has happened to the car. Whistling noises are not normal of course. I'd call the Service Department of a Toyota dealership and inform them of the situation and ask them if they recommend not driving the car and have it towed to them instead so as to avoid potential further damage.

I sure hope the automatic transmission has not been damaged.

For the benefit of everyone in the forum here, keep us posted.

Good luck with it.

Last edited:

carlile92

Corolla Rookie
Transmissions are a black art and opening up one when you are not trained is asking for problems. I know a lot of certified mechanics that won't even touch a trans they tell you go to the dealership or to find a dedicated trans shop. You gone done ***** up

Scott can you please give me directions to more information about Toyota special equipment.
No arguments from me just looking for more information.

Thanks Scott I don’t own a Corolla but sure hope to.

Sure am glad I found this thread because this is the first I have heard about the Toyota Transmission Fill System.
So far I have found (T-SB-0006-11) Jan. 6,2011 that supersedes previous TSB’s about WS fluid.
There has to be newer TSB’s so still searching.

Because automatic trans is so complicated
It isn't so much that they are complicated, but that they are incredibly picky on the way you torque things, tighten things, adjust things, etc. You mis-adjust a band and you can fry the thing in 10 minutes and have to start all over again. With manuals, adjusting backlash and clash patterns is more straight forward. CVTs and Dual-Clutch automated manuals don't seem too bad, since a CVT is mostly done electronically and a dual-clutch is more or less a manual transmission with servos instead of shift forks.