Fog Light Bulb Question

Does anyone know bulbs the fog lights use and if there the same on the LE and S models? Don't know if it's h11 or h16
H16 Type 2 19w fairly standardized

if purchasing for fog light purpose... (yellow bulb/lens)
2500K will work best.

For driving lights a higher temp (K)
might be more preferred.

Always change them in pairs...
Color temps can vary if ya mix/match different mfgr's
also sucks if ya fix one...
and the other burns out shortly after correction

Last edited by a moderator:
The fog lights on the S model are H16 Type 2. MAXIMUM WATTAGE IS 19. Going over CAN and WILL melt your housing. Already happened to a member.

Plugs are the same, but the H11 is 55 watts, while the H16 is 19 watts

The H11 outputs too much heat and it will melt the fog light housings, unless the housings in your kit you bought are designed to handle the heat of H11 bulbs.

The kit I'm planning on buying uses H11 bulbs so do the LED lamps I'm planning on getting. Trying to decide if I'd be better off spending about $60-$79 more and getting a kit that's already has LED lamps.

The kit I'm planning on buying uses H11 bulbs so do the LED lamps I'm planning on getting. Trying to decide if I'd be better off spending about $60-$79 more and getting a kit that's already has LED lamps.
I would either buy the Nokya Halogen bulbs in either white or yellow(I have the yellow ones, $30), buy the Nokya LED bulb replacement(some members already have them), or buy the LED fog light assembly from TheRetrofitSource.Com.

Plugs are the same, but the H11 is 55 watts, while the H16 is 19 watts

The H11 outputs too much heat and it will melt the fog light housings, unless the housings in your kit you bought are designed to handle the heat of H11 bulbs.
The kit I'm planning on getting is a 55w H11 kit I had H.I.D.'s in the low beam and fog lights in the fusion I had previously. I like the output and brightness of H.I.D.'s but like y'all said they produce a lot of heat. That's why I'm thinking about LED's this time and also to match my headlights as well.

The kit I'm planning on getting is a 55w H11 kit I had H.I.D.'s in the low beam and fog lights in the fusion I had previously. I like the output and brightness of H.I.D.'s but like y'all said they produce a lot of heat. That's why I'm thinking about LED's this time and also to match my headlights as well.
did you do it?