Fog Light Installation Issue

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me out with this as I've been stuck on this problem since the weekend. Anyways, I'm trying to install the OEM foglights onto my '13 LE, and everything is set up correctly, but I just don't know which wire to tap into. I had it working fine, but when I passed by my car as I was taking out the trash, I noticed the switch was still luminated even though the car was off. I've tried tapping into the power mirrors and the traction control but neither worked. I'll attach some pictures with the wiring behind the side panel, hopefully it'll help. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Tapping into the traction control is baaaaad! It should have worked tapping into the power mirrors, sure you are on a lead and not the ground? Test your connection with a multimeter?

ooops.. lol, making me worried now. Yes I'm sure. Red is accessory/power and black is grounded. I don't think the wires connect to the switch are visible in the picture posted. But do you know what would cause the switch to stay luminated even though the car is off and the switch is set to off?

Last edited by a moderator:
By illuminated, do you mean the text? Or the fog light power indicator? If the fog lights aren't on and the indicator says otherwise, it could be a defective switch, or the switch is picking up stray voltage from a hot-at-all-times circuit. Shut the car off and see what voltage is getting to the switch, and check the power draw going into it and coming out of it to determine if the switch is at fault, or if you have current crossing happening somewhere.

You might be tapping into a wire that sends the power from the mirror to the switch, and not the wire that sends power to the switch itself? Use a multimeter, start probing voltage for wires that have power with the car on, then verify no voltage when the car is off. Just avoid any wires that lead to computers, sensors, or other instruments. Another good place would be the headlight signal wire that goes into the radio, then the switch is only lit when the headlights are on.

Yup, here's one right after we got em working. Stock halogen bulbs in for now. Gonna go pick up ZXEs in a couple days and take a new pic with those installed.

Nokya has a 6000K version of the LED fogs I got. Might be worth looking into, especially if you cruise around with them lit all the time (ZXEs will be more expensive in the long run),

Yeah well I live in Hawai'i where we don't have fog, lol. Just some huge downpours of rain a few times a year. So these will be more for those times and just style, lol. I was considering getting yellow lights. Kinda not into doing LED conversions just yet