Help Requested On Price

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
Bought an S plus a few months back. first new car ever and love it.

Thinking about another car as wife will change her commute pretty far and Sienna is going to kill us on MPG.

Local dealer has an 2014 L model for $16,400 on special.

Worth it? My question is if we wait for the 2015 to come out, will we be able to get an even better deal on a 2014 Corolla? I mean we could push back the purchase a few months.

Any help is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mark

Thinking about another car as wife will change her commute pretty far and Sienna is going to kill us on MPG.

Worth it? My question is if we wait for the 2015 to come out, will we be able to get an even better deal on a 2014 Corolla? I mean we could push back the purchase a few months.

Any help is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mark

Hard to say if the 2014 will go down in price significantly. The Corolla's and Civic's are known to hold their value because of their reliability. IF the 2015 corolla would be a major redesign(highly unlikely), then the price would differ.

Any help is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mark
I don't know what mileage your looking for but just for the record, my wife drives a camry, and the reason we bought it was that at the time the camry l was cheaper than the corolla so we got it. It was discounted to 16,900. She gets 27.5 mpg average and she's a lead foot, it's got a lot of room and drives very good in all conditions. What I'm saying is that you can still buy a camry for 17 and change and it's a good car to grow into if you have children or plan to. If I could have got a camry with a 6 speed manual I would have bought it instead of the corolla, but corolla does suit me better now that I have it. As for your question about price, corolla l is running about 15-16 k around here in nc/sc area. Remember, if the wife ain't happy you ain't happy.

I don't know what mileage your looking for but just for the record, my wife drives a camry, and the reason we bought it was that at the time the camry l was cheaper than the corolla so we got it. It was discounted to 16,900. She gets 27.5 mpg average and she's a lead foot, it's got a lot of room and drives very good in all conditions. What I'm saying is that you can still buy a camry for 17 and change and it's a good car to grow into if you have children or plan to. If I could have got a camry with a 6 speed manual I would have bought it instead of the corolla, but corolla does suit me better now that I have it. As for your question about price, corolla l is running about 15-16 k around here in nc/sc area. Remember, if the wife ain't happy you ain't happy.
I am 22. Doing everything to make sure I succeed in life. A wife is the last thing on my list of goals.

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
27.5 for a leadfoot is great, I may need to look into a Camry. (Camry was the last car that the Corolla replaced 1998 LE) We do have a 4 y.o. and would feel safer with the child in a bigger car- thus the Sienna.

Just 88 miles round trip daily is going to hurt in a 2011 Sienna. So looking for options.

Usually if there isn't a generation change, it won't drop much ... maybe like $500 but you won't see anything above that. There IS going to be a generation change on the Camry in 2015 ... so you may be able to pick up a 2014.5 for cheap when the '15s start showing up on the lots in the next couple of months (it looks gorgeous, but not a fan of the red lights on the interior).

However, your wife may dig that more than the blue of the Corolla, and you can always get a 4 cylinder that will be pretty comparable to the Corolla's gas mileage ... and they use a 2.5, not that POS 2.4 L that are having severe oil burning issues and had zero bottom end power ... glad I never bought that tC a couple years ago (not that I was fond of owning another 2-door as a daily driver anyway).

Usually if there isn't a generation change, it won't drop much ... maybe like $500 but you won't see anything above that.
Agreed - 16,400 isn't bad for your area - I can find LE's for around that price, but not in Seattle.

Keep in mind - $500 off on a 2014 when the 2015's come out isn't bad, but the car is also a year old. If you plan to keep it 10-plus years, it doesn't matter, but if you might trade it in in 3-4 years, it is considered a year older and maybe $1K-$2K less as a trade-in.

(it looks gorgeous, but not a fan of the red lights on the interior).
Not sure what you mean here.

The HVAC lights look blue to me and red would definitely look out of place with the radio and ATC colors: http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2015-camry/1280x960/wallpaper_25.htm

What I think you meant is the XSE uses red needles:
http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2015-camry/1280x960/wallpaper_2c.htm

While the XLE uses white gauges:
http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2015-camry/1280x960/wallpaper_2b.htm

The red dials look a bit ricey, Honda SI-ish to me, but not enough to keep me from buying the car ...

Tiger, look at the 2015 (not 2014.5) interior is a red version of the Corolla more or less.
Where?

The links I posted to NetCarShow said they were a 2015. The buttons look blue. If the 2014.5 looks like those NetCarShow pictures, I want to test drive one today, but I don't see anything like that on the dealer lots or cars.com.

Again - all I see is the needles and gauge backlighting on the 2015 XRS is red, but I can live with that ...

Toyota's website is full of broken links (again), but it looks like you are right. The final version will have red gauges but other lighting will be blue. The all-red I saw was the concept model so it looks like they changed their mind on the production version.

Good - I don't like red interior lighting (although I wouldn't boycott a car b/c of it).

I hope if they were going with red buttons they at least changed the background of the radio to match ...