Hi everyone, I'm debating purchasing a 2014 Corolla S.

Any tips, advice or known problems about this model would be really appreciated. I live in an area with a good amount of snow during the winter, and any opinions on how it handles in the snow would help. Also, for a S model in New York with about 40,000 miles on it, what would you say is a fair price after taxes, title and fees? Thanks in advance

I bought my 2014 Corolla Eco for $15k with 15k miles. With taxes plates, fees and 5 year added warranty it ended being 20k.
Maybe they ripped me off for the fees im not sure.

Mine is a LE Eco. No problem in snow if you remember it's a light car. TC/VSC aren't too invasive if you don't drive carelessly.
The 15" wheels help, and a set of good snow tires. It's a little sensible to crosswinds. Aerodynamically, the rear windshield sometimes accumulate snow.
Otherwise, it's not a sport car but road manners are very good, composed and neutral but not sporty. General comfort is great.
No problem with CVT. The Toyota/Aisin unit have been in NA for 3 years (6 worldwide) without any trend/surge in complaint beside the inevitable odd unit.
Remember, though, you never know how the previous owners treated and maintained it.
Price wise, it really varies according to area. Here (Montreal Canada) most of them goes around C$15K (about US$12K)

ToyBoy

As far as pricing I can`t help you there , but I will say my 2014 Corolla LE+ has been flawless with 33K miles so far. Roomy rear seat decent ride and great gas mileage if yo ride moderately and don`t race from one red light to the next.

I have a 14 with 53k miles on and it have had no issues whatsoever. Its a Toyota!! Do your regular maintenance, drive carefully with good tires around snow and you will be fine.

There are apparent issues with the CVT in China-built Corollas but it isn't a problem anywhere else. A lot of people on the forums have a lot of miles and no issues.