High Speed Wobbling?

I am only at 7k miles, I never had them rotated.
With a front wheel drive vehicle, the tires should be rotated and rebalanced every six months of 6,000 miles, whichever comes first. Exceeding that will cause premature tire wear and also likely to cause the tires to cup and become very noisy as they roll down the road.

I seem to remember you bought a tire protection package of some sort? Does it including rotating and balancing the tires?

Regardless, seems like a lot of trouble to go to with a car that needs to be returned to Toyota via the Florida state Lemon Law.

The 2 years of complemented service (and if you opted for Premium Care for 5 years) will handle rotations until the mileage or time limit expiration. Which beats rotating them yourself in your driveway any day of the week.

I've had my S since the beginning of this year and I've noticed that even at 70mph on the highway, it feels like a substantial amount of wind is blowing my car around which makes it rather difficult to stay in the lines. I generally put it in sport mode when this happens since it tightens up the steering, but it still doesn't help all that much. I just assumed it was because the car is fairly light? Perhaps I need to get my tire pressure checked and get them aligned.

I have a mechanic friend who is looking at my car. He told me that he felt the problem as well. It seems you can barely feel it from the passenger side. He said the issue might be the tires but he is going to jack it up and take a look. I have a feeling the issue might indeed be the ****ty tires that came with the car.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I take the tire off, scrob the crap out of it especially the inside rim. I as well have some one remove the tire, see if the counter weights did not come off, and rebalance the rim.

type of Balancing get them done correctly with the weights added, if needed.

Half shaft has a balance part, since we do not have one, but a thicker shaft on one side, make sure everything looks clean a simple small object can toss off and cause inbalance. why the wights are ounces or grams.

I've had my S since the beginning of this year and I've noticed that even at 70mph on the highway, it feels like a substantial amount of wind is blowing my car around which makes it rather difficult to stay in the lines. I generally put it in sport mode when this happens since it tightens up the steering, but it still doesn't help all that much. I just assumed it was because the car is fairly light? Perhaps I need to get my tire pressure checked and get them aligned.
This is about the same experience I'm having. I checked the tire pressure myself, before my road trip. The car drives straight so I doubt it is having an alignment problem. It doesn't really feel unsafe, just a bit annoying.

I honestly think they should have put a stiffer tire on this car.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
you have the Goodyears on there they do not handle wind, they do not handle weight at all well. and they do not handle speeds at hwy driving at all either. until they are Worn in, after 30K, personally saying I get another type tyre

Our 14 Corolla S came with 17" Firestones. I just replaced all 4 tires on my 08 Civic Si with the same size. I know it has stiffer suspension but it is much more stable at high speeds than the Corolla. I put Goodyear Asymmetric F1's on it and plan on switching the Corolla to the same tire when they are needed.

I know someone who can punch you in the face too for only $101. :D:laughing:

I have sold those tires and have seen many come back with various problems, particularly out of found. I recommend to avoid anything with that name on it.

I've put a little under 5k miles on my Goodyears and they are holding up well, much better than the Continental DWS's I had on previously.

Maybe another version of a Firestone tire might be good, but the ones that came on the Corolla are weak. You can look at.the sidewall and tell they have little support.

The best tire I've ever had was the stock Michelins that came on my Si. They gripped well in all conditions. They made my car very predictable in the rain, they really were amazing. The downside is they only lasted 30k miles and they cost over $150 a piece. If these Goodyears that I bought end up sucking, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and put the Michelins back on.

Actually I was saying the Continental's had were horrible. The tire got very high reviews though, so I kinda think I got a defective or old set. Either way, I doubt I would buy a set of Continental tires again.

Folks, don't make the mistake of writing off every single tire model in the lineup of a given tire company because of inadequate experiences with only one particular model of tire.

Original equipment tires, regardless of the company who manufactured them, don't tend to be very good.

Folks, don't make the mistake of writing off every single tire model in the lineup of a given tire company because of inadequate experiences with only one particular model of tire.

Original equipment tires, regardless of the company who manufactured them, don't tend to be very good.
AS I AM CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING :thumbsup: