How to make the Corolla Exhaust Louder for FREE

I've done this exact thing on my corolla, Literally this EXACT thing....and it sounds really scratchy... because its a 4 cylinder, i immediately put it back because it sounded terrible....and you lose a lot of torque because there no back pressure from the muffler, think of it this way you take your car from blowing air threw a straw to blowing air threw a toilet paper role, you lose energy....significant loss of power,and you don't have a lot of power to begin with..this guy on the video is satisfied because he probably doesn't notice the loss because his engine is massive v8.

I've done this exact thing on my corolla, Literally this EXACT thing....and it sounds really scratchy... because its a 4 cylinder, i immediately put it back because it sounded terrible....and you lose a lot of torque because there no back pressure from the muffler, think of it this way you take your car from blowing air threw a straw to blowing air threw a toilet paper role, you lose energy....significant loss of power,and you don't have a lot of power to begin with..this guy on the video is satisfied because he probably doesn't notice the loss because his engine is massive v8.
Alright man Thanks for your help! I really wish i could make my own exhaust because there aren't any raspy ones out there. And I like Abarth Raspy

Horrible idea. You're allowing carbon monoxide to enter the cabin, not to mention the possibility of overheating components above and around that connection.

The power loss won't be that bad because most of the back-pressure comes from the catalytic converter and not so much the muffler.

Horrible idea. You're allowing carbon monoxide to enter the cabin, not to mention the possibility of overheating components above and around that connection.

The power loss won't be that bad because most of the back-pressure comes from the catalytic converter and not so much the muffler.

trust me it does, i did this,the power loss is bad, and if your at a complete stop on a street with even a slight gradient its embarrassing because your car starts bogging and won't accelerate until you smash the pedal down and screams, while the fiat next to you has no problems whizzing by you lmao...

trust me it does, i did this,the power loss is bad, and if your at a complete stop on a street with even a slight gradient its embarrassing because your car starts bogging and won't accelerate until you smash the pedal down and screams, while the fiat next to you has no problems whizzing by you lmao...
Ooof.

Yeah that's embarassing, LOL!

Exhaust mods like this make me question the meaning of life. I've seen some Camaro exhausts with gigantic holes drilled in them before the mufflers (think quarter size). Pretty much the same effect, but it is not reversible. Y'all are definitely right about the power loss in our 4 cylinders vs the V8 he is running. Thanks for sharing that video, could have had some potential lol