Intake Issue? Motor Issue?

Hi guys !

So I ran into some issues with my 03 corolla, it has about 140,000 miles

THe issue is somewhere where the breather connects the intake. All the way at the end where it goes to the motor is the issue. When the car Rpms go up it rattles and sounds like something in a tin can.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the top end of the motor got oil starved and caused damage. I'd get a mechanic to look at it.

Oil has nothing to do with the intake manifold, damage is probably somewhere in the valve train and you are hearing it resonate through the intake ducting.

We'll coding some research online, it looked like a lot of people are having this issue, I tried doin the screw trick and it did not help. Right now I'm stuck in a hole. The sound got ten times worse, after letting it run in the driveway. And if it's in gear the oil light will come on and the car will die. Unsure of what's goig on I just know it sounds like it's rattleing from the intake, and sounds like a loud deisel

If the car has oil and the oil light came on, at this point, you spun a bearing.

Stop running the engine. It most likely needs a full rebuild now instead of just top-end service. If you run it and sieze it up, it's a wrap.

Either you gotta get the engine rebuilt, a used engine swapped in, or you gotta get another car.

Last edited:
We'll coding some research online, it looked like a lot of people are having this issue, I tried doin the screw trick and it did not help. Right now I'm stuck in a hole. The sound got ten times worse, after letting it run in the driveway. And if it's in gear the oil light will come on and the car will die. Unsure of what's goig on I just know it sounds like it's rattleing from the intake, and sounds like a loud deisel
These are classic signs of an engine that has oil pressure problems or has been run low on oil.

By your description, it sounds like the engine is history.