Intake? Mpg?

Any proof in mpg increase from a k&n or injen intake? Also any word on decreased engine life from less filtration from said filter?

Also noticed the hps short ram and wonder if it's quality is pretty good
(Edit) a better question is if a 2010 corolla takeda intake will fit a 2014 corolla? I like its afe pro dry s which "claims" 99.2% filtration efficiency. Very impressive for a conical filter.

Last edited:
Aftermarket intake will not void the warranty. They have to prove that your intake specifically caused the part in question to fail.

I haven't seen any proof of an mpg increase. Probably insignificant.

Charisma

Master Detailer!
On a car like ours, I wouldn't worry about it. The only way I can see you getting better fuel mileage is by making a hot-air intake. AKA Grab the air from just over the exhaust manifold to cause a slightly leaner condition and be more efficient.

In this case... stock > *

I believe we See something like 4 hp and 8 torque. However acceleration is smoother. I just wondered if takeda fit a 2014 because I read its the best corolla intake out

Unless you go to a very high quality intake, you're likely getting a hyped-up intake that does almost nothing and can cause engine damage. K&N intakes are not worth the money. Theirfilters let in a lot more contaminates than a higher quality aftermarket intake filter or even a $10 paper filter from your local parts store.

Doing the posted speed limit on a 300+ mile trip (anywhere from 55-70mph), I was able to get 40mpg with my S+ CVT with an Injen CAI. There was no other trickery going on...didn't shut the car off or shift into neutral...just drove with cruise control.

Well I have a takeda sri on the way. Ive been told by many its an identical engine from 2012 and the takeda fits that year. So thats what I went for.