Is it possible for dual exhaust? Finding better Catalytic converters?

Jlinn

Does anyone know where I can find a layout of the under body of the car so I can have some idea of where it could possibly go? Where can i buy a better catalytic converter for the corolla?

Jlinn

well i found a flowmaster dual pipe kit on carid.com but i'm not sure what size to get the pipes and what's the difference between them.

Jlinn

For true dual exhaust, you'd need a 4-2 exhaust manifold.

And seriously ... it's a 1.8 L, you don't need dual exhaust.
Nvm I looked it up I was going to do it but I'd have to move stuff around (if possible) under the car and buy more heat shields brackets and get a custom rear end that incorporates dual exhaust because the stock frame does not

4 pipes into 2 pipes. As opposed to the 4-1 or 4-2-1 that we normally have. And a Corolla doesn't need dual exhaust. You'd lose your bottom end torque because it would be too free flowing.

I haven't seen any exhaust manifolds yet, but monkeywrenchracing.com is going to start making aftermarket gear for the 2ZR-FE. Keep checking their site to see what they come out with.

As far as I can tell, they are only for the 1ZZ-FE engines from '03 - '08.

There is a set of high compression pistons that they have for the 2ZR-FE, as well as engine bearings, but no cranks or cams at this point in time.

Jlinn

As far as I can tell, they are only for the 1ZZ-FE engines from '03 - '08.

There is a set of high compression pistons that they have for the 2ZR-FE, as well as engine bearings, but no cranks or cams at this point in time.
Ohhhh ok thanks man you're great help!! I bought a lightweight pulley kit for the car and was seriously considering that crankshaft glad I didnt buy and also do you know anything about http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/smart-tune-x-fuel-tuner-performance-module and the http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/revolution-pro-speed-rev-limiter-cdi-box I bought them both for the Corolla but just wondering do you know of anyone who has used those

As far as the magnum, skip them. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Running the engine rich won't add 17% to hp or torque, but it will cause the heads and intake manifold to build up carbon deposits and eventually cause the engine to knock and ping. Running rich is usually done on turbo cars under boost because the extra fuel cools the combustion chamber, but on a naturally aspirated engine, it's bad news.

I also think the dealer can remove the speed governor. You shouldn't have to pay that much for a kit to remove the speed governor when you can change the setting in the PCM.

Oh hell yeah! Wonder why monkeywrenchracing didn't put that under the '09+ Corolla section.

Yes, that crankshaft will work. You'll get a slight hp gain because of the lower weight, but the best part is that I hear these cranks can take over 600 hp, so you can build a monster with them.

You can call the dealer and ask them. If they won't do it, call up tuner shops. They'll already have the equipment to get into your PCM and they will be able to change that setting.

Jlinn

I also bought a lightweight pulley kit I'll do the crankshaft last because it will probably be the finishing touch on my Corolla until I register it in Ohio

You won't need to go easy because you won't gain enough from tuning to destroy the stock parts, but with the magnum kit, you're gonna be running rich and I'd be willing to bet good money that you wouldn't see a 17% increase on a dyno.

Jlinn

You won't need to go easy because you won't gain enough from tuning to destroy the stock parts, but with the magnum kit, you're gonna be running rich and I'd be willing to bet good money that you wouldn't see a 17% increase on a dyno.
I figured that much but it says up to 17% and that's if it's like brand new on race has most likely lol my main thing is hp increase I need to find a tuning shop do you know how much they will charge???

They shouldn't charge more than $60 considering that it only takes 10 minutes to do. I'd call around some shops and ask them. Get three quotes and go with the middle price.

S is moderate engine braking (not sure what the s means)
B is engine braking

If you're coasting down a hill in 7th gear, S will put you in 6th or 5th, while B will put you in 4th.

You can do a dual exhaust system. Very simple. Take the outlet of the original muffler, divide it by two so that they equal 2 or a little more. Route an additional pipe to the other side, add a new tip and your set lol

I agree, as long as the dual exhaust looks professionally done and you like it, then why not, it'll look unique!
Yeah but depending on how you want it done. It can either be routed to the left side BUT you will have to trim a lot of the plastic panel OR split the existing outlet into two smaller pipes that equal 2.25" in diameter when added together.