LE vs LE Premium

Hello,

I'm going to get a 2015 LE, and I'm trying to see whether or not I would need the Premium package. What exactly are the difference regarding Entune? Is that true that only the Premium includes navigation? I don't care about HD, XM, or Doppler weather, and I don't need push button or moonroof. Is there anything else I would be missing?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

The Premium is a trim level, not a package. It is just upgraded front seats:

SofTex ® -trimmed heated front seats
8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
4-way adjustable front passenger seat with
seatback pocket

But to get the Premium, you are also buying what the Plus trim includes:

16-in. alloy wheels
Integrated fog lights

So you can get the Premium (for the nice heated seats), and not be forced
to buy the Driver Convenience / Moonroof, etc.

I have a Premium with that D/C option and love it. The Smart Key is great,
yet I could care less about the XM radio, which loses signal all too often..

The Premium is a trim level, not a package. It is just upgraded front seats:

SofTex ® -trimmed heated front seats
8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
4-way adjustable front passenger seat with
seatback pocket

But to get the Premium, you are also buying what the Plus trim includes:

16-in. alloy wheels
Integrated fog lights

So you can get the Premium (for the nice heated seats), and not be forced
to buy the Driver Convenience / Moonroof, etc.

I have a Premium with that D/C option and love it. The Smart Key is great,
yet I could care less about the XM radio, which loses signal all too often..

So I can get navigation without Premium? Just with LE or LE Plus?

So I can get navigation without Premium? Just with LE or LE Plus?
No navi at all in "base le"
For the Plus & Premium, it is part of the Driver Convenience pkg, which is $1500.
But when you buy that pkg, they force you to buy the moonroof ($850)
Nice, eh?

You'd be better to get a dash-mounted Garmin. My navi works fine if I
manually enter the destination. Using voice controls are spotty at best.

Not quite mentioned - Driver Convenience gets you the sunroof, smart key keyless start, navigation, and Sirius XM (and HD radio and App Suite regarding Entune).

However, keep in mind upgrading the maps from the OEM is usually around $200 and only once a year or every two years.

You are better off with a top-of-the-line Garmin for around the same price with quarterly updates, or if you want in-dash navigation and Sirius, look at Pioneer or Kenwood, etc.

I'm happy with the radio and the nav is quite accurate. Just need more power ... and the system I priced from Crutchfield was $2,500 ... but man would it be epic on so many levels!

I dunno why Corolla got shafted on the JBL for premium but it should have been in the Corolla. I would have paid the extra $500 or whatever for the amp, speakers, and subwoofer from the factory and not have to mess with it.

I'm a mod on Crutchfield's forums - great support, but not necessarily the best prices.

That said - the JBL is probably not going to be much better than just having an aftermarket head unit.

No way you need to spend $2500, but maybe $1000.

$400 Pioneer touchscreen will be as or more powerful than either the JBL or standard OEM radio. Figure around $750 if you want navigation with it, although as I said, the Garmin is a better overall deal.

Figure maybe $200 for all four speakers.

Maybe $300 for a main and subwoofer amp.

$150 or so for a sub and a box, $100 or so for wiring.

Comes out to $1500 on the high-end, but it could be done for less also.

I'm the "go big or go home" type, LOL! $150 for the line converter (I want to keep the stock headunit) with equalizer, 5 channel amp, JL Audio component front and rear, plus the speaker wire, the amp kit, other odds and ends.

I'm the "go big or go home" type, LOL! $150 for the line converter (I want to keep the stock headunit) with equalizer, 5 channel amp, JL Audio component front and rear, plus the speaker wire, the amp kit, other odds and ends.
Nothing wrong with that and a lot of it I agree with. It's the $500 for the JBL post that bothers me.

(I test drove the Dodge Dart previously and thought the stock audio sounded weak and the $500 Alpine system sounded pretty decent - until I got back in my Focus and realized my $150 JVC head unit sounded better.)

Depends on the car. My friend's Tacoma has the JBL package and it is good enough to where you could leave it be. I know it isn't a BMW Bang & Olufsen sound system but still good enough.

On the other hand, the Flat 460 ... I mean the Mach 460, in my '96 GT, had zero mids and weak bass.