LED Dome & Licens Plate Markers

vance07

Brandon Vance
Just wanted to share, I know the install is cake but when I first saw led interior lights in my friends Tundra that he did I thought it was amazing this is the link where I bought them

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSI7AW8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Attachments

vance07

Brandon Vance
Yeah did the trunk as well takes no time at all the license plates lights were kind of a pain but looks great im going to look into led parking/turn indicators and trying to decide on led fogs or an hid conversion the hid is just a pain

Keep the fogs stock or you'll hate yourself if you ever have to drive through it.

As far as the turn indicators go, check out switchback LEDs. Seen them on Mustangs and other cars here and there and they look pretty neat.

They stay bluish-white with the parking lights, and alternate to amber when the turn signal is activated.

vance07

Brandon Vance
Dang! I bet that thing is bright as hell my wife will hardly ever use the trunk we typically drive the Truck for shopping trips but that's pretty cool......you would think by now shipping from overseas would only take around 2-3 more days not weeks :thumbdown:

There isn't any trick for Dome lights and license plate lights. You only have to pop the original light bulbs off. And I put the blue dome and license plate lights for my 2014 Black Corolla S which looks awesome! Love it!!!
IMG_3711 (2).jpg
IMG_3757 (Low).jpg
IMG_3750 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Do those LEDs dim properly? For instance, when you approach the car with the SmartKey system and the interior lights slowly light up and slowly fade as you walk away.

If they do, I'm sold. For that price you can't go wrong.

I was wondering if the lens cover was easy to pop off not the bulbs. I was asking if there was a trick to getting the lens cover off or do you just pry it off

I was wondering if the lens cover was easy to pop off not the bulbs. I was asking if there was a trick to getting the lens cover off or do you just pry it off
Those are just simple of getting the lens cover off. Here is the video of installing the new dome lights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CBjrGxf6g Even though the car in the video is not the 2014 Corolla, still, our corolla still get the same interior lights set up as the previous model.

vance07

Brandon Vance
the only ones I had minor trouble with was the license plate lights you have to use some force to get them out I used some plastic pry tools I have around from my radio installing days. I would recommend them they are mice to have and you wont ever nick or scratch anything.

Im going to be ordering the switchback lights for the front turn signals and amber led rear signals. once they come I ill try to take some comparison photos of those as well.

Do those LEDs dim properly? For instance, when you approach the car with the SmartKey system and the interior lights slowly light up and slowly fade as you walk away.

If they do, I'm sold. For that price you can't go wrong.
They do dim to the two brightness levels that the car uses. When they are in the process of ramping down to turn off they flicker slightly for about a half second while turning off. It has to do with the way LED's try to compensate for the loss of voltage. I never noticed it. My daughter in the back seat mentioned it to me and then I watched it for myself. I would bet many people who have them have never noticed it either.

There isn't any trick for Dome lights and license plate lights. You only have to pop the original light bulbs off. And I put the blue dome and license plate lights for my 2014 Black Corolla S which looks awesome! Love it!!!
View attachment 254
View attachment 255
View attachment 256

I am having trouble getting to the license plate bulbs. I removed the assembly but actually accessing the bulbs I cannot figure out.

View attachment 254
View attachment 255
View attachment 256
I did the blue LED license plate bulbs in my 06 civic si and got pulled over 3 times in 2 years for the blue being too blue? Haha. Ended up changing them to a more whiter LED.

I'm trying to switch out the license plate lights on our 2014 Corolla and cannot get the bulbs out. I've pulled the carpet off the trunk lid but that's as far as I got. Can anyone post a link to a video or step by step instructions?

I'm trying to switch out the license plate lights on our 2014 Corolla and cannot get the bulbs out. I've pulled the carpet off the trunk lid but that's as far as I got. Can anyone post a link to a video or step by step instructions?
I got you

Last edited by a moderator: