LED High Beams

Modifying the stock system is not road legal. That said, I am curious to see if anyone has done this. The halogen high beams appear to work pretty well, but am curious. The stock LED low beams also appear to leave much to be desired when it is wet outside. I miss some of the factory stock bi-xenon systems I've had in some past vehicles that could light up the moon.

Did you install the high beam LED's? What brand did you buy? How do the look? How do they look? I have so many questions because I want to change mine. I changed all lights to LED's but I need more info on high beams. I found a nice kit on Amazon for the fog lights: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018SV3OUK...lid=1S71XZJ5WDXOL&coliid=I2OZ3A6JTOXFYX&psc=1. But I need info on the high beams.
The one's I bought were just like a normal 9005 bulb. Not a kit like in your link. The bulbs were brighter yes but they didn't project the light enough. I couldn't tell the difference between the regular lights and the high beams. So I put my other bulbs back in. The kit will not fit even though its a 9005 base beacuse there is not a lot of room on the drivers side where the battery is. The base of that kit in the link will stick out too far. The passenger side ill be fine but I don't think the driver's side will fit because there is no room for the larger base. That's why I did just the regular bulbs. Hope this helps.

You're right, there is not enough room there.So I was thinking of using that kit just for the fog lights.They seem to fit. What did you use for yours?

For the highbeams I bought these ones from a Pep boys they are normal bulb bulbs in color but they produce a white light closest to the LED. Without putting a cheap LED bulb in there from ebay like I did pervious. These ones are from pilot and they are 65W each instead of the normal 55W. So they are brighter. I changed my fogs to LED a little ways back. What a difference they made!! I had them put in from the same guy that did my Hella Horns. His kit is rated to last 50,000 hours of operation. They will out live the car lol. Plus I don't drive with my fogs on all the time lol.

If you upped the wattage beyond factory, that could become a problem over the long run. The wiring harness was rated at a specific wattage and 65 is a significant jump. I have seen wiring harnesses prematurely burnout and in one case melt from people who went beyond what they were rated for.

The stock bulbs are rated at 55W I went up to 65W. Honestly I don't think it will make a difference. I do understand what you are saying but I don't drive with my high beams on. I use them 1 every 2 weeks if that. I'm sure they will be fine. I've had my car for 3 years with the same 65W bulbs in them and nothing has happend. I'll take my chance lol. They are only the highbeams anyways. But thank you for the input.

Regular replacement bulbs are rated at 60W so I actually only went up 5W. If I put like PIAA in there which are 100W each then I could see it being a problem.

Not with out going with something aftermarket. I wouldn't suggest going with anything after market for the low beams because it might not fit or work the correct way.

I did my LED high beams. Will post a thread to it with pictures when I get them on photobucket.

I did the vleds.com LMZ 4500 lumen 9005 kit. They light up everything like there is no tomorrow.

The driver side does fit. It is really close to the battery but it does fit.

All of the bulbs fit. U need to remove battery to install. They have large fans in base which are audible. I think mine are 12500 lumen supposedly. Something ridiculous. They are extremely bright but projection is diffeentthan stock type bulbs. That being said there is night and day difference when I turn on highbeams and I drive with mine on more than 50 percent of the time. And it doesn't shoot light sideways as much so when on highway people do not flash me back on other side. The issue is when people on coming on lane next to u towards or if u r behind someone of course. Any bulb out there will fit. Mine is massive.