LED Turn Signal Mirrors

You need a trim removal tool. I recommend applying a soft tape around the perimeter of the mirror before starting. Use the tool to start prying the mirror off the back, working your way all around. Keep in mind that you will have a plug to disconnect if you have the mirror defrosters. From there, you'll remove the plastic backing that the mirror attached to, and from there, you will be able to:

a) access a clip that you can use to remove the bulb cover, or
b) unscrew the bulb connector and remove the connector from the housing.

Then, you can switch it out to an LED.

Bummer i just took one of the outside mirrors off and the bulb is permanently incased in the housing of the clear lens, the whole freaking thing has to be replaced when the bulb goes out, so no led bulb for now, maybe after market later on. :(

I could have sworn I saw it on the TIS website. Is the plastic lens clipped onto the main housing somehow? I don't see why it would be cost effective for them to seal the bulb and make it non-replaceable.

Possible that it needs to be heated in an oven to be split apart like a headlight housing, but it is hard to tell. Can you get more angles on that assembly or did you already put it back?

It`s gonna be a no go, i just called the dealership and that bulb cannot be replaced, the whole bulb casing has to be replaced.
This is false. I have previously replace the factory signal bulb with LED bulbs. After that, I then noticed that when i turn on the signals, they start hyperflashing. Then I realized that there's built-in circuitry that detects low current drawn by the LED bulbs that it start hyperflashing.

Anyway, you can change out the signal bulbs.

Possible that it needs to be heated in an oven to be split apart like a headlight housing, but it is hard to tell. Can you get more angles on that assembly or did you already put it back?
It's very easy to take out the signal bulbs. I did it 6 months ago. Dont remember if you have twist or unclip the bulbs. But it's just like changing any other bulbs.

Old thread, but I just tried taking mine apart with a heatgun and it is a no go. The plastic is mold injected into the lens. Looks on the TIS website again and all it shows is replacing the entire assembly.

The front and rear signals are like any other bulb, but the mirror signals are a fully sealed unit, and taking them apart means melting things that will never assemble back properly. There are a couple companies that do LED replacements, so that will be our only route.