Lock issues

I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla S. I'm having issues with my keyless entry. Sometimes when I go to grab my handle to open my car it won't recognize my remote and I have to use the key in the FOB to open it. And when I get out and tap the handle to lock the doors it doesn't always work. My brother suggested changing my remote battery and I've done that and I'm still having problems. Anyone else having this problem or have any recommendations. I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the dealership where it probably won't happen there, of course.

Try it on the passenger side and see if it works more consistently over there.

If it does, then the receiver near the driver side front door is probably having issues and needs to be looked at under warranty.

If the remote was the problem, I'd imagine you'd have starting issues as well.

Thanks! I've been carrying one remote with me and the other was at home. Another issue I had that I just remembered was, I got in my car to start it and I had to touch my remote to the keystart button. I went about 1 mile from my house and stopped at my post office and when I got back in my car it said remote not detected and kept beeping. I hurried home to get my other remote.

i was wondering about some kind of interference. I do have a ftibit type thing called a Misfit that has a magnet on it. I'll give that a try for a few days. Thanks!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
signal issue yep, I head to a different spot and try. make sure you areclear.an open parking lot etc Maybe an issue your band who knows but you?

I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla S. I'm having issues with my keyless entry. Sometimes when I go to grab my handle to open my car it won't recognize my remote and I have to use the key in the FOB to open it. And when I get out and tap the handle to lock the doors it doesn't always work. My brother suggested changing my remote battery and I've done that and I'm still having problems. Anyone else having this problem or have any recommendations. I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the dealership where it probably won't happen there, of course.
It happened to me and I just let it be for a month and now it's been 5 months and it hasn't happened again

I'm partial to blame the keys. There are several receivers inside the car (I believe 6; it's in the manual), and the odds of all of them failing simultaneously seems less likely than two key fobs going whack (especially since it sounds like you keep them together and they would therefore be exposed to the same conditions).

I only had the problem one time with the ignition. Multiple issues with the driver door lock. When I approached the car it wouldn't open. When I put the car in gear it wouldn't lock. When I put the car in park it wouldn't unlock. When I tried to unlock my passenger door with the door unlock button on my door it wouldn't open the passenger side. When I pressed the open button on the remote it would unlock all the doors except my driver door. I told them about the ignition just in case it was remote related. I will just wait and see if I have that problem again where my key is not recognized.