My 1990 Corolla Slowly Painfully Dies

Discussion in 'Older Model Toyota Corollas' started by indicaRolla, Feb 16, 2016.

1. indicaRolla

indicaRolla New Member

Okay the title of this thread basically says it all. My '90 Corolla five speed has recently gotten into the habit of slowly dying on me while I drive it. It's done it to me twice now, this time being the 2nd time. It starts right up and will drive perfectly for about 15 minutes, I drove it to the bank this morning which was about two miles there and half way home it started dying. We replaced the fuel injector relay thinking that mightve been the cause, turns out it wasn't. Anyone got any ideas on what else we should look into? I'd like some opinions before I tear my car apart.

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kimp

kimp New Member

Sludge in tank maybe? filter needs replacing perhaps?

4. earl Corolla 1992

earl Corolla 1992 New Member

Throttle position sensor

5. GrumpyOne

GrumpyOne New Member

Coil???

6. earl Corolla 1992

earl Corolla 1992 New Member

My 93 did the same thang try replacing throttle positioning sensor it's a bout a $20 part and 5 m to install

7. Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana New Member

8. Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana New Member

I would say change the gas filter and make sure your fuel pump isn't overheating a failing fuel pump overheats and can shut down