New Here! From Brazil

Marina

Corolla DX 1.6 16v 1995
Hey! I just got my driver license and my dad gifted me with his 1995 Corolla, after he bought his 2005 Corolla.

Here's my baby:

Have you guys got any tips for me, a newbie driver and a newbie corolla owner?

Eu viajei para São Paulo antes. Fui para Hortolândia. Meu Português é terrível. Mas o Google Translate faz um bom trabalho, não?

Marina

Corolla DX 1.6 16v 1995
Cool! You came for work related subjects or just to travel? I've never been at Hortolândia, but I played with my former band at a town near it, called Monte Mor.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Marina - That was very nice of your father to give you a Corolla! :thumbsup::)

How many kilometers are on it? Is there anything with it we can help you with, like repair or maintenance suggestions, etc?

Marina

Corolla DX 1.6 16v 1995
It has a very high mileage, its about 275.000 km, i intend to get new engine parts as soon as i get the money for it, and i currently use 10w40 oil, i am thinking of changing to 20w50. I am concerned too about it's spending on gas. It is making about 5 km per liter. Already changed fuel injector, trying to fix this, but it is still spending a lot of fuel... Any tips? I am sort of a noob at car mechanics...

Marina

Corolla DX 1.6 16v 1995
Scott, there is a small a oil leak at the carter. Do you think this amount of fuel spend would be big or worth changing the kind of oil?

Repair the oil leak first and then see how the oil consumption goes.

Thoroughly check the engine all over for oil leaks and that is going to require looking at the engine from underneath.