New Member here with questions :D

Hi everyone !!

I drive a 2003 corolla LE

i have some questions :D

My first one is, when the car is idling it idles very low, at around 300 rpm's, yes i said 300 haha. What could be causing this issue?

Second one is, this sounds silly but i cannot figure this out. The clock in the car comes on and off when it wants to. It almost seems that when the car is hot enough it comes on for a few hours. Sometimes it doesnt. whats the deal with that?

Lastly, there is a gnarly gas smell mostly when the car starts up when its cold. Any Ideas ?

about 130,000 I cannot seem to figure out what it is!! You have that issue also ?

same with the clock issue?! I thought that was so wierd

clock seems to be some connection issue that can be fixed with opening it up and soldering i think.. or at least that's what i read a while back when mine died. I just stuck a gps in front of it so i don't even see the clock anymore... haha

Its a common issue. Google search it. There are other forums where the information is readily available. I have too high of morals to copy it to here and I also like this forum too much to directly link you guys to a competing forum... lol

As faras the low idle, the intake manifold gaskets are known to go bad in these. The stock gasket is black and the toyota updated gasket is orange. It cost me like $5 from the local dealer for the gasket and I changed them out using a handful of tools. Took me 45 minutes to swap the intake manifold gasket, all spark plugs, and the pcv.