Nokya LED NOK9618 Full Install

So tools you will need include some double-sided tape, a Phillips screwdriver (or a 10mm socket and ratchet, preferably in 1/4" drive so you don't over-torque any of the body bolts) and nails (or a flathead screwdriver if you just cut yours).

This is the box that you'll get

And this is the box opened:

You have both LED bulbs, two boxes (these are the non-resistor versions and just convert from the LED socket to the bulb socket) and two empty connectors (more on that later).

First, you'll have two screws and a clip to remove on each side, once you have the car up in the air, they are easy to get to.

First clip:

First bolt:

Second bolt:

Once you take these out, slide the moulding back and away from the underside of the car, and then you can access the fog light bulbs.

This is what you should see once you remove the moulding:

Once you get to the fog light housing, you need to unclip the bulb BEFORE you remove it (you won't get it out until you do):

Turn counter-clockwise like with any other bulb, then pull straight out

This is what both bulbs look like side-by-side:

This is the LED bulb properly installed into the housing:

Next, you'll grab one of the boxes (it helps to remove the insulation for this next step, don't remove it all the way like I did or it'll suck getting it back on, just remove it about 2/3 of the way):

You'll install the clips into the fog light connector as I did (MAKE SURE THEY ARE OFF FIRST!!!), then test it to verify that it works, since polarity matters (on my 2014 S, the red went into the Toyota green, and the black went into the Toyota white with black tracer):

Once you get the order verified, you will turn off the fog lights, then install the clips into the housing that you see in the above picture. Pay attention here, because the clips only go into the housing one way, and the housing only connect to the fog light bulb connector one way (for me, when the flat of the connector faced the inside of the housing, that was what got them to go all the way in for me, the flat facing the outside of the connector housing wouldn't push down all the way. Make sure the insulation is FULLY BURROWED inside the connector). Then you'll hook up the foglights, and verify again that they function.

This is the stock bulb:

This is the Nokya LED bulb:

I mounted the box for the driver side here:

And the box for the passenger side here (verify that the wire from the box to the fog light bulb has enough slack):

And that is it! Good luck and enjoy. I will get some pictures up tonight to see what the beam pattern looks like.

I hit some fog on my way to Vegas, and yeah ... these lights cut right through it with no glare at all. Definitely worth the cash if you live in a foggy area. Those Jeep guys weren't kidding when they said that nothing beats them.

I also saw some clown decide to TURN HIS HIGH BEAMS ON!!!

Installed these in my corolla yesturday, took 30 minutes, really easy mod, thanks for showing step by step pictures!!!

Overall happy with the color of the LED bulbs. Nice clear yellow.

Not as bright as HID lights, but still decent enough. Overall happy with the upgrade.

Just installed the NOK9618 bulbs. They look awesome in the garage, even though I won't use them on the streets until tomorrow evening. I used 2 zip ties on the driver side to secure the wires and 1 on the passenger side to secure the wires. I didn't jack the car up as I was able to lay on a towel and get under to see everything.

Thanks for the write-up!! Very informative!

Last edited:
Good job and it looks nice. Told wife that would be the first thing I change out on the car. LED headlight looks so nice until you turn the fogs on and it just looks out of place with the halogen bulb. Does the LED you got come in a different color?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nokya-Hi-power-H8-H9-H11/dp/B00BFL7P7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415101844&sr=8-1&keywords=NOK9618"]Nokya NOK9618 from Amazon.com[/ame]

Right now they are $115.65 + $9.75 shipping, which is actually a little cheaper than I paid for them.

Man, I bought these last November, one of the bulbs is already dying out. Luckily the warranty is still in effect and I'm able to have it inspected and replaced.

I love these bulbs!

It's the dim one on the right side of the car. I haven't had time to check if any connections are loose though or swap the bulbs around to see if the little box is the problem.

Man, I bought these last November, one of the bulbs is already dying out. Luckily the warranty is still in effect and I'm able to have it inspected and replaced.

I love these bulbs!

It's the dim one on the right side of the car. I haven't had time to check if any connections are loose though or swap the bulbs around to see if the little box is the problem.
Rough luck. I've had mine all this time and haven't had issues with them. I'd check the wires at the connection and make sure they are fully snapped in. One might be working its way loose.

Thanks for the write-up.
One of the fogs on my 2016 Corolla LE Eco burned out at less than 10K miles. None of the local stores carried H16 bulbs, so I decided to swap over to the LEDs. These are the NOK9718 bulbs. Very happy with them.

First pic shows one of each. Driver is the stock fog bulb, passenger is the new LED.

Attachments

Thanks for the write-up.
One of the fogs on my 2016 Corolla LE Eco burned out at less than 10K miles. None of the local stores carried H16 bulbs, so I decided to swap over to the LEDs. These are the NOK9718 bulbs. Very happy with them.

First pic shows one of each. Driver is the stock fog bulb, passenger is the new LED.
Finally someone in my neck of the woods!

I noticed earlier this week that my driver-side fog was not bright at all. I put it up on ramps this morning, and maybe found the culprit. But I'm not sure how to resolve it. I'm a newbie with LED's, and I've been happy thus far.

I unplugged the bulb after the ballast (is it called a ballast on LED's?), and swapped the sides, putting the driver bulb on passenger side, and visa-versa, but leaving the ballasts on their original sides. The driver side was still bad, so the issue has to be with the ballast. Just for grins, I put a dab of bulb grease on all connections, but that didn't make any difference.

The Nokya bulbs have been in place about 15 months, and about 50,000 miles. The car is a commuter car, that I drive about 110 miles daily, almost all highway, and very little stop-and-go traffic. If my average speed was 55, and I think that's probably pretty close to accurate, then I only got about 900 hours from these bulbs. I don't see any kind of life expectancy listed on the web site, but I would have guessed about 5x that from LED's.

I haven't reached out to the vendor yet; I plan on doing that, just to get some advice.

Can just the ballast be purchased? Is there a heavy-duty ballast that will have a longer life span? Thoughts?

100_6644.JPG 100_6646.JPG 100_6648.JPG

I haven't noticed that issue with mine. I've had mine for several years now and both of them appear to output the same light as before.

Reach out to the vendor. They should do something about it. Hopefully they send you the second generation kit which is supposed to be brighter.

Not off to a good start. Vendor Formula-J87 is offering a discount towards the purchase of a new set.
I'm not interested in buying another set of $110 lights that last only one year.

Manufacturer website claims 50,000 hour life expectancy. Yeah right.
http://mtqinc.com/nokyausa/led_access/ledbulb/ledbulb.php

Manufacturer offers 2 year warranty, but I have to come up with a receipt, which I doubt I have. And I really don't feel like fooling with sending parts through the mail.

Anyway, think twice about buying this product!

I bought these, 3 years ago. Not so much as a flicker! Sure they’re pricey, but it looks like lots of people are buying LED lamps twice now.
http://auerautomotive.com/corolla/led-fog-light-upgrades/led-fog-light-upgrade-2014/
Wow, I can't justify $240.00 for a set of fogs.

Sirus makes a cool led, H11 for the fog lights, pass side is a b!tch to get in cause the windshield washer bucket... they also make a LED for high beams... but 1000% diff with the led fogs.....
https://www.amazon.com/SiriusLED-Fa...TF8&qid=1519604870&sr=8-1&keywords=sirius+h11
That's more like it. I sent the old voltage regulator to the manufacturer today, hoping they will stand behind their 2-year warranty. If they don't, this is probably the route I'll go.

Wow, I can't justify $240.00 for a set of fogs.

I couldn’t either and it took me a year to make the decision.
But after watching some of these guys buy their second set of hundred dollar LED bulbs I’m kind of glad I did now.

That's more like it. I sent the old voltage regulator to the manufacturer today, hoping they will stand behind their 2-year warranty. If they don't, this is probably the route I'll go.

I couldn’t either and it took me a year to make the decision.
But after watching some of these guys buy their second set of hundred dollar LED bulbs I’m kind of glad I did now.
I hear ya! I only got 4 months (10K miles) out of the factory set, and 15 months (50K miles) out of my first replacement set. I live over on the shore, with lots of wetlands, fog, and really big critters, so I really like having fog lights. But it's starting to get really expensive, and I'm beginning to question if it's even worth it.

Update:
Was pleased to receive this in the mail today:
100_6671.JPG
Thumbs up to Nokya for 9-day round trip. Not too shabby at all, especially when the vendor Formula-87 wanted nothing to do with warranty worries.

Also, I think I know what happened. We've had a lot of salty roads this winter, and I notice when I look inside the bulb-side connection, I see a white residue. Even though they have rubber gaskets built into the connections, I think salty water seeped inside the voltage regulator, and shorted it out:
100_6674.JPG
I've had very good luck with bulb grease over the years. It's cheap, over the counter at your local auto parts store, and a small packet lasts forever (I use it on landscaping lights too). I'm gonna grease all the connections before I hook this puppy back up. Then, once everything is working, I'm gonna use an old trick I learned while working on the farm a lifetime ago, and tape over all the connections with electrical tape. When I worked on the farm, we used electrical tape by the case, to perform temporary (and not-so-temporary) irrigation fixes; the seal is waterproof. The idea is if I can keep the salty water out of the connections, maybe they wont corrode and/or destroy the voltage regulator. It's all a theory, and I have minimal evidence that this was indeed the issue, but I have nothing to lose at this point. Stay tuned, I'll get it mounted up this weekend, though long-term reliability is what I really want.

They used to sell liquid electrical tape years back... That helped me in the winter salt season... Don't know if they still make it or if any of you ever tried it.

Why not just replace the fogs with Toyota/Lexus Oem led foglamps used on the IS? These are made by Koito and will have better quality than aftermarket replacement led bulbs. These are plug and play on the 11th gen corolla.

You can search part #s 81220-48050 and 81210-48050 on ebay.

Another update.
Car has 125,000 miles, so Nokya fogs have 115,000 miles

Warranty period is long since expired.

I had another voltage regulator failure. I contacted Nokya customer service, to see if I could purchase another voltage regulator. They knew me (I assume by my email address? I didn't give them any contact information), and said another regulator was in the mail. They even provided a USPS tracking number. Package arrived today, about 4 calendar days later.

Incredible customer service. Not many companies that stand behind their products after the warranty period expires.