Owner Complaints For The 2012 Corolla

Here are my complaints about the 2012. I have to 2010 and just got a 2012 S so that is what I am comparing against.
1. No auto headlights, not even a timer or headlights off when ignition is off, unbelievable.
2. Remote keyless only extends 2.3 feet from the car. Almost useless. Should be a 100 or more feet.
3. No side pockets on the console. That was a really nice feature, great for putting cell phone in.
4. Only on cigarette lighter power source, my 2010 has another in the console, that was great for additional devices.
5. Trunk is missing the metal hooks for tying things down and plastic tray which was useful.
6. Missing levers inside the cabin to lower the rear seat back for storage. Need to release from the trunk only.
Not sure what else I am going to find in the future, hopefully nothing more. My biggest grip is the headlight switch. I believe they have added it back on 2014 model. What were they thinking :huh:

Here are my complaints about the 2012. I have to 2010 and just got a 2012 S so that is what I am comparing against.
1. No auto headlights, not even a timer or headlights off when ignition is off, unbelievable.
2. Remote keyless only extends 2.3 feet from the car. Almost useless. Should be a 100 or more feet.
3. No side pockets on the console. That was a really nice feature, great for putting cell phone in.
4. Only on cigarette lighter power source, my 2010 has another in the console, that was great for additional devices.
5. Trunk is missing the metal hooks for tying things down and plastic tray which was useful.
6. Missing levers inside the cabin to lower the rear seat back for storage. Need to release from the trunk only.
Not sure what else I am going to find in the future, hopefully nothing more. My biggest grip is the headlight switch. I believe they have added it back on 2014 model. What were they thinking :huh:
Update: I will take back the remote keyless distance complaint. I got a new battery for the key and it works a lot better. Not as good as my other car but I think it is just the remote itself.
7. Went to hang by cloths bar in the back seat, and you guess it, they changed the hanger so they no longer have hook for cloths bar. I had to order a different model bar that will work with just the pull down hand grip.
8. Why do they put 205/55R-16 V rated tires on these cars. This car will never be driving over 100 mph. They ride rough and not smooth like my LE with 195/65S-15's. Noticed Toyota changed the 2014 LE to these 205/55R-16's too. Do the LE's now ride rough too.
9. No pockets behind the drive and passenger seats.

Update: I will take back the remote keyless distance complaint. I got a new battery for the key and it works a lot better. Not as good as my other car but I think it is just the remote itself.
7. Went to hang by cloths bar in the back seat, and you guess it, they changed the hanger so they no longer have hook for cloths bar. I had to order a different model bar that will work with just the pull down hand grip.
8. Why do they put 205/55R-16 V rated tires on these cars. This car will never be driving over 100 mph. They ride rough and not smooth like my LE with 195/65S-15's. Noticed Toyota changed the 2014 LE to these 205/55R-16's too. Do the LE's now ride rough too? Just drove about 1000 miles this week, and those 16 inch wheels with 205/55R-16 V rated tires are brutal. Feel every bump and grove in the road
9. No pockets behind the drive and passenger seats.
Update again:
10. The console cup holders in my 2010 have an insert that is spring loaded to hold different size cups. The 2012 has just a solid plastic separator, no way to hold different size cups. Had to hang onto my coffee cup going through the mountains because it was too small for the cup holder opening and not secured. Guess they saved a few cents on this but too me it should be is a safety feature to keep hot coffee from spilling while driving.
11. What happened to the satellite radio antenna feature and antenna, that's gone now.
12. From driving this last week, noticed the driver elbow padding on the door seems thinner, almost non existent. I will need to compare to the 2010 in the future.
Maybe what is happening is that these negative changes are due to Kaizen being directed in only one direction, reduce costs, not at improving the product.

Last edited: