Q about 2016 Corolla L w/spd man

Would you buy the Corolla L w/6spd man again?

• Total voters

Warren

Hello,

I'm a new member interested in purchasing a 2016 Corolla as laid out in the title.

I have a few questions i'd like to ask the members here...

If you own a 6 spd manual, how do you like it now after a few miles?
Can you guys confirm this 1.8L is or isn't Direct Injection?
Timing chain or belt?
How do you like the vehicle overall? Any creaks, squeaks etc?
What's your avg MPG?

Thanks and hopefully will be on here more often as my dealer appt is Sunday.

Don't own a L but a LE Eco. Can confirm though that the 2Z engine is not direct injection and has timing chain, not belt.
You may want the L for the manual, but for me the price difference between L and LE VS equipment (back-up camera, cruise control,auto-climate, better cloth on seat, etc) worth it.
That's for you to see how relevant it is for your needs.
Plus LE is quieter (CVT=lower RPM), though Corolla are noticeably quieter than Mazda3 (and even old gen Civic, don't know about the new one).
Road noise is only OK, though and many reports rattles (variable according to particular units and/or, apparently, temperature).
Always hard to compare MPG as it varies a lot according to driving habits and conditions but my LE Eco is always in the 30/50 range.

I got the L 6spd. I came from a 5spd Solara, and the Corolla is noticably more delicate feeling. I don't like the reverse being in the same position as first, but you adapt. I'm glad that I went manual again. I was getting 40ish when I fist got the car (May), but it's gone down to 36 average with the cold of Winter and my discovering that it can haul @ss on the highway :)

Warren

Well, i would. But the dealership was trying to give me a ridiculously low amount on our trade-in. We may sit tight for now.

Thanks everyone