Rattle Noise in the Drivers Door

I just bought a Corolla L 2015 and it has started making a rattling sound from the drivers door more so when driving on uneven roads but mostly all the time I can hear it. I have took it twice to the dealership and they want to blame it on something else. They supposedly put some type of padding in there to keep the plastic parts from rubbing together but it didn't fix the rattle. Driving me crazy. I should not be having this issue so early in the game. Anyone with the same problem and what do you think it is? D

Odd question I have to ask, but are you wearing your seat belt? I had the same issue but on my passenger door, and noticed that the seat belt was hitting the panel and causing a "Rattle" in my situation.

I get rattles when it is cold out but they go away once the cabin warms up.

The only thing I could suggest is to try another dealership and get their opinion. You may have better luck finding it yourself but it's under warranty, so it should be their headache, not yours.

Since the seatbelts have an adjustable height selector, have you tried to see if it is locked in place? If not it might be a reason for the rattle sound you hear.

I get rattles when it is cold out but they go away once the cabin warms up.

The only thing I could suggest is to try another dealership and get their opinion. You may have better luck finding it yourself but it's under warranty, so it should be their headache, not yours.
I totally agree with Donabed, the guarantee should cover you, please be patient and persistent. I had several rattles, the local dealer kept the car for a week as the noises came from two doors and the dashboard, I was very annoyed and unpleasantly surprised, they did a good job though as almost all noises disappeared, still one little thing here an there.. Good luck

With respect to dk, yes your dealer can and should resolve it. But....my experiences have been very 'temperature dependent' rattles. Depends on sun factor, time of day, speed, pavement etc. I do delivery and courier work and I doubt the service techs have enough time to shake out or recreate 'my' pesky problems. I choose to tackle it myself. Ymmv.

I've had my driver door panel off and did some isolation strategy which worked. I've also found a squeaky plastic trim cover on the handhold to pull that door closed. Lubed it and now better. You gotta be persistent with either the dealer or take matters into your own hands if you are mechanically inclined.

There are a couple other recent threads with other comments regarding rattles which may be helpful. It's demoralizing to buy a new car and suffer these maladies but you're not alone as hansolo says. It's a common complaint. Odds of success improve if you can pinpoint the source location for the dealer instead of complaining about a general door rattle. Describing the intensity helps too as what seems annoying to you may seem faint or inconsequential to someone else.

I have rattles on my dash, it drags me crazy, after a week of investigation i discovered it was the new Pioneer head unit I installed lol I put sound deadening on it and it helped. I also added sound seasoning inside the dash in some ereas.I also put silicone on the dash in every place It felt lose at touch, it helped a lot, but now the rattles come from the driver side were the door meets the dashboard, it drags me nuts but oh well, I will deal with it, play music and forget about it for a while cause I was getting to annoyed by it. Remember our cars are a bunch of plastic so they will rattle