Rear Speakers

well, after putting off doing my rear speakers (for background story read my front speaker thread) I decided to take everything apart and take a look at what I had to work with. Here is the stock speaker

I then cut out the basket to fit the new speakers

then I took the factory connector apart. I wanted to completely remove the factory wire but it is to delicate and I left as it.

I used shrink tube to keep the wires together.

I thought this plastic was solid and I could screw new speaker into it (sorta what I did on my fronts) but when I took the foam off it turn out to be hollow. What I did was filled it in with epoxy glue where needed and glued the screws in it. this by far is the weakest link and hopefully it works cuz I don't want to take it all apart again. Sorry no pic of the marriage

I cut down the molded plastic that extends and seals with the foam on the speakers so as to not have any clearance issues with new speakers.

the only casualty was the seat. can't really tell here but this is the base of the seat looking at it when folded.

Towards the end I had my knee on it and I felt it cave. I took the trim off to take a look. I was really pissed and could not figure out how to fix it. So I did the guy thing and put the seat up and gave it a few mad hits with my fist and it actually worked and it is all good now. lol

Last edited:
It sounds better, but I went through a lot of trouble for not much gain (in my opinion) Still a stock system (no amp or anything) with better three way speakers. As stated before two speakers were a giveaway from a local sound store and the others were cheap, same brand and same type speaker just different size. I did the install for as little money I could , hence why I re-used the components where I could. However, my daughter immediately stated it sounded much better. Maybe my old ears can't tell the difference anymore lol.