Rock Chips

Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 black S and I have all these stone chips on the front of my hood and and it shows white because the clear coat underneath is white. Has anybody gotten the clearcoat over the front fascia and the hood to prevent the stone chips at the toyota dealerships? And if so how much, at first I didnt think it was worth it but now after seeing these chips in my hood I am second guessing myself. Also, I dont tailgate or drive like an idiot to purposely get these chips. Thanks for everyones help!

Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 black S and I have all these stone chips on the front of my hood and and it shows white because the clear coat underneath is white. Has anybody gotten the clearcoat over the front fascia and the hood to prevent the stone chips at the toyota dealerships? And if so how much, at first I didnt think it was worth it but now after seeing these chips in my hood I am second guessing myself. Also, I dont tailgate or drive like an idiot to purposely get these chips. Thanks for everyones help!
I feel you on the chips. Some guys camry headlight flew off this car and smashed into my front bumper on the highway and now my car has this nasty chip the size of a quarter. My corolla is the Silver colored one and the color underneath the silver is black. I would recommend using a filler then using touch up paint(buy it from the dealer, provide them your make, model, and year and they have it, I bought mine for $12). You can apply the clear cover yourself but it will be time consuming if it is your first time.

Clear coat is the top layer of paint that gives the car its shine. The one that goes over the front bumper cover and the hood is a paint protection film. Underneath the paint is the base coat.