Scion iM Concept

Anyone see the Scion iM concept photos yet? Looks like we're going to (finally) get a Corolla... er, uh, an Auris hatchback, courtesy of Scion.

Car and Driver have sneak-peak photos of it here: Scion iM Concept

If you haven't yet seen an Auris (European version of the Corolla), see it here: Toyota Auris

Wouldn't let yourselves be fooled by the concept. Everyone knows Toyota never put the cool stuff from a concept into production. Personally, I think this concept is just their way of introducing the already-produced Auris--just as it is--in hopes of fooling the unwashed masses into thinking they're bringing us a completely new car.

Nonetheless, I think it's about time we had a choice between either a Corolla sedan or a Corolla hatchback. What do you think?

Last edited:
We had a Corolla hatchback. It was called the Matrix.

I owned an '08 and I loved it, it was a great car, but Toyota pulled the plug because it didn't sell well (I traded mine in because it was a base model and I wanted options, plus the '14 Corolla S is gorgeous).

I'll be honest, if Toyota released a 3rd gen Matrix as a '14 that had the same element of style as the '14 Corolla ... I would have bought another one.

Kev250R

This is my other car
Toyota seems to be taking a lot more risks with their designs which isn't a bad thing. I also think the new Corolla is a lot better looking than the previous model (and I drive a '10 so I can rip on it :laughing: )

I know my 'Man Card' may be in danger by saying this but I actually like the styling of the re-designed Camry as well.

The one I don't like (from a style standpoint) is the new 4Runner. To me the front end of the '14 looks bad and I'm a fan of most of the previous designs of 4Runner's. I've owned a '99 Limited since '02 and it has done everything I ever asked of it.

I'm anxious to see what the next generation of the Tacoma is going to look like. I like the current body style but even I think it's starting to get a bit dated. Great trucks though.

Kevin