Seatbelt Warning Light Staying On

I recently had a problem with the seat belt light staying on. After reading in this forum I was able to shut the light off by disconnecting the white cable on the driver seat belt retractor. Thank you for the info. For the future problems I can also help other as I have done alot of works on the Corolla myself.

the wire is only an warning indicator it does not have anything to do with the tensioner. The tensioner operate by spring inside the retractor.

I recently had a problem with the seat belt light staying on. After reading in this forum I was able to shut the light off by disconnecting the white cable on the driver seat belt retractor. Thank you for the info. For the future problems I can also help other as I have done alot of works on the Corolla myself.
I have the seatbelt light blinking on a 2000 Corolla. It stays blinking as long as the car is turned on. Can you give me some direction on exactly what you did? It sounds like yours was a work-around to stop the blinking light rather than actually fixing the issue?