Sensor?

So today I decided to take a look deep inside my dash via the removed cluster. Why I did I don't know, just for something to do. Anyway behind this "grate"

You will find this "sensor" thing. it has something plugged into it and you can see a white tube behind it.

that white tube continues behind the dash

end ends above the accelerator pedal.

Anyone know what this is and does???

Kev250R

This is my other car
Based on the second pic I'm thinking it's some sort of temperature sensor, perhaps to tell the HVAC system what the temperature inside the car is (which would likely be more stable under the dash).

Either that or your cars came equipped with an on-board Breathalizer option :laughing:

Kevin

Temp sensor is what I thought as well. I have the auto A/C and I figured it takes a reading from down below and up above and the blended temp would indicate how cold the interior is. That would seem the best guess to me, was just wondering if anyone actually new.

How many wires are attached to it?

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com

Is it a round dome? Normally those are optical light sensors used for automatic headlights.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

Two wire could be a temperature sensor