Several problems with Corolla S 15' touchscreen radio

Hello all,

I've got a fairly new corolla S with the touch screen radio (not the premium one).

And this is what it does, whenever the radio boots up, it stays on the source menu and when I choose a source it loads for about 2-3 mins before it goes into it (latency or something) then when it finally gets there, theres no sound, I've tried using all audio sources and still nothing. The volume bar wont show AT ALL, no where to be found.

And funny thing is that when I enter the EQ in the radio everything is all the way to the left and where you can control which place of the car gets the most sound is all the way to the top left corner, When I try moving this, nothing happens.

I've tried updating the firmware to the BU.70.27 (had the .26), tried unplugging the battery. Nothing has helped.

I am very open tu suggestions!! Thank you for your help and time!

Hello all,

I've got a fairly new corolla S with the touch screen radio (not the premium one).

And this is what it does, whenever the radio boots up, it stays on the source menu and when I choose a source it loads for about 2-3 mins before it goes into it (latency or something) then when it finally gets there, theres no sound, I've tried using all audio sources and still nothing. The volume bar wont show AT ALL, no where to be found.

And funny thing is that when I enter the EQ in the radio everything is all the way to the left and where you can control which place of the car gets the most sound is all the way to the top left corner, When I try moving this, nothing happens.

I've tried updating the firmware to the BU.70.27 (had the .26), tried unplugging the battery. Nothing has helped.

I am very open tu suggestions!! Thank you for your help and time!
Never heard of that bro. Woah! There has to be a defect in programming. Contact your dealer. Have them check it before its too late and they charge you for nothing. It should be under warranty right? You'll be fine. The only time I had a weird situation was when the MPG kept changing every 10 - 15 seconds. It stopped after a couple days and its been stable since.

Get a new radio and or headunit. That's what I did. Well I was kind of forced too because I replaced all my speakers in my car with new Alpine ones.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
years ago they take the radio out mail it, return to the dealer , replace back in. Do they still do that, if this is not the case and needs firmware it is a simple.puter fix

Never heard of that bro. Woah! There has to be a defect in programming. Contact your dealer. Have them check it before its too late and they charge you for nothing. It should be under warranty right? You'll be fine. The only time I had a weird situation was when the MPG kept changing every 10 - 15 seconds. It stopped after a couple days and its been stable since.
That's normal right after you reset the Average MPG. It updates often but after a while, there typically is little change.