Steering Column Slanted?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I am the proud owner of a 2015 Corolla S and I like the car very much. However I feel like the steering wheel and entire steering column, for that matter, come out of the dash at a bit of an angle. It feels and looks as though the left side is closer to the dash, the right side is closer to me while driving. Im going to call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say, but seeing as today is sunday and they are closed, what do other owners have to say about this? Is this a common thing with these cars, or did I just get one manufactured slightly off?

Try measuring the differences from side to side to see if there really is any difference.
I have measured it. There is a difference between both sides -- somewhere around a 1/2 inch difference or so.

I also took it to my dealership today. They were nice enough to compare my car to other Corollas they had on their lot at the time. They informed me that the car is itself is built that way, which means they acknowledge that the steering wheel is in fact slanted on more than just mine. However, there wasn't anything they could do to fix it. I even looked myself be removing the under-dash panel to have a look. There really isn't any room to adjust the steering column as the mount has no way to be adjusted.

Took a look at mine and its that way as well. I never noticed it before, its more noticeable from the passenger side. I'm sure it isn't a problem. It might have to do with the airbags or it may just be design.

I have measured it. There is a difference between both sides -- somewhere around a 1/2 inch difference or so.

I also took it to my dealership today. They were nice enough to compare my car to other Corollas they had on their lot at the time. They informed me that the car is itself is built that way, which means they acknowledge that the steering wheel is in fact slanted on more than just mine. However, there wasn't anything they could do to fix it. I even looked myself be removing the under-dash panel to have a look. There really isn't any room to adjust the steering column as the mount has no way to be adjusted.
It's hard to find a fixed point to measure it since there are so many curves on the dash or the base of the windshield and the seats are generally slighlty decentered.

Since many of us don't notice anything visually or from a comfort point of view, maybe it has to do with ergonomics. Not all of us will fit the average measurements used. Interesting finding !

It's hard to find a fixed point to measure it since there are so many curves on the dash or the base of the windshield and the seats are generally slighlty decentered.

Since many of us don't notice anything visually or from a comfort point of view, maybe it has to do with ergonomics. Not all of us will fit the average measurements used. Interesting finding !
Dont thank me, thank my OCD. :yes: