Stright Pipe Corolla S

Sounds sick!! Not too loud either unless I really step on the gas! I had the borla exhaust on there and I wanted it louder. So I cut off the muffler.

U don't want do that either by leaving the muffler disconnected from where it bolts up to the pipe. It can heat up your floor under sit. I did this pass weekend when I was switching my stock muffler back to the TRD muffler. I just wanted to hear it how would sound straight pipe and yes it does sound cool but I did feel a lost of power.

Yeah I know hahah..... The shop only charged me 20.00 to do it. I had them put on a Magnaflow Performance muffler yesterday. Sounds way better!

Yeah I did lol. O well. I don't even have the stock exhaust anyways. I'm thinking of switching the pipe to 2 1/2 anyways. You make it sound like it's the end of the world lol relax

Not throwing money away, I just wanted to try something different. I should have never posted cause some of you guys just made me feel like shit. But it's ok whatever. I'm over it, plus it's my car not yours and that's what I've chosen to do. With the Magnaflow on there I actually like it better then the Borla. It has a deeper tone and not as Ricer and high pitched. Just wanted to let you guys know where I was coming from and I appreciate the feedback.

To be fair, the first thing I did with the stock exhaust after putting the TRD on was throw it in the trash can. Not like there is a market for stock Corolla exhaust systems.
Lol I kept mine just to use it in the winter time. When spring starts or whenever we stop getting snow that's when the TRD MUFFLER goes back on.

Well I wouldn't say it's any better. It's more for cosmetic thing. I don't want all the road salt hitting the trd muffler even though the material that it's made of won't rust but I want it to stay shiny with Less fuzz to clean it. I average 30.3 mpg. In the winter about 28 mpg with city driving n some highway.

You are very correct in that it is your ride and you can do what you like to it. There is no fault to that. But to some people purchasing an after market exhaust to just have it cut up and a different piece added to it is throwing money away, that is an opinion. This is a forum and opinions will be given for a post made (that is the idea) some of those opinions may not be the praise and and wonder and encouragement that one would expect. You got to take the good with the bad. If you car sounds the way you like it that is fine good on you. And one last thing please don't base your feelings on a forum, base them on YOU and those that you have in your life, not strangers on a page.

I straight piped my xrs w/ a turdown tip and a k&n intake. sound nice and it hidden underneath. It screams pretty loud though at 7-8k rpm. thinkn of making a 90° bend and cuting a whole in the side in front of rear wheel.

i recentley realized how silly mufflers are on a corolla and now i only have intake installed and i removed and sold my borla.....just the intake gives a nice deep hum when accelerating and does drone the whole time I'm driving...

perrijman89 didn't mean to flame ya man. I just view parts as parts, for my 1984 Land Cruiser it's a different story, if someone threw away a factory part that is 30 years old that someone could have used.... you see my side, I hope. I applaud you for making your car yours. Not enough people care about their cars. So thank you for having fun and taking care of it!

No I understand. I didn't mean to be a dick either and get mad lol. I know it's my car and I can do what I want, it just kind of hurt is all.