synthetic engine oil

Discussion in '2009 - 2013 Toyota Corolla' started by simrat, Feb 13, 2018 at 1:24 AM.

?

Is it a good option to use mobil 1synthetic high mileage engine oil for corolla with 127k miles?

1. is mobil 1 better of all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. synthetic vs conventional

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. simrat

simrat New Member

synthetic vs conventional oil in 2010 corolla

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. stvotw

stvotw New Member

I asked Mobil something similar a while back,
    Q:
    2009 Toyota Corolla 1.8L about to hit 150k miles. First 100k oil change at dealer at 5k intervals with conventional 5w20. Since then Mobil 1 0w20 advanced fuel economy oil changed every 5k. Sent sample after last oil change foe analysis, no issues found & they actually recommended increasing oil change interval. Would you recommend I stay with the fuel economy version or should I consider the high mileage blend?

A:If you've been running Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy for a while with no issues, I really wouldn't bother changing to Mobil 1 High Mileage at this point. I've had a number of people report odometer readings in excess of 300,000 miles who are not using a high mileage formula. I think about the only case where I would recommend switching to the Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-20 would be if, somewhere down the line, you begin to develop a leak at a seal or gasket. Our High Mileage formulas contain a seal conditioner that can help you with a leaking seal, until you have the chance to address the leak with a permanent fix.

4. Toyota for life

Toyota for life New Member

Don’t use high mileage oil. It’s just a scam.

5. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 New Member

Just as it says, use high mileage ONLY of you are seeing oil leaks. The only difference is that it adds seal conditioners to swell seals and gaskets to slow down or stop oil sewerage and leaks.