The Song of The Day Thread

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Here is a thread where we can all share good music in all its many varieties. Feel free to share you own contributions so we can all discover and enjoy music from different time frames, styles, etc. :thumbsup::)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
ELO - Rollover Beethoven

ELO, one of the best rock and roll bands of all time and the only band to successfully combine classical music instruments and rock and roll instruments. Jeff Lynne is an absolutely amazing guitar player! Enjoy. :)

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
There are a few examples of current day musicians that are pretty good, but I agree with you that generally they are few and far inbetween.

I only listen to the radio anymore to listen to my favorite AM radio talk shows like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin.

By all means, share some of your own music selections in this thread. There's a lot to choose from! :thumbsup::yes::)

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Charlie Daniels Band - Uneasy Rider

Here is a song done by Charlie Daniels that came out in 1973, which I suspect is way before many of the Corolla Forum members here were even around to think about driving their Corolla's! :thumbsup::) For any of you that have never heard this song, you are in for a treat. This is a great song, very entertaining and you may find yourself laughing quite a few times. :D Come on everyone, share your own songs here. This can be a lot of fun. :yes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uneasy_Rider

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
The Gap Band - Party Train

1983.:thumbup1::balloon::party::walkman::rockon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_Train

"Party Train" is a 1983 song by The Gap Band, released on their seventh album, Gap Band V: Jammin'. It peaked at #3 on the R&B charts. The original release had "I'm Ready (If You're Ready)" on the A-side and "Party Train" on the B-side. Later, "Party Train was placed on the A-side, and a special dance mix was placed on the B-side.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_Train#cite_note-2

Loverboy - Notorious

Loverboy
is a Canadian rock group formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta. Throughout the 1980s, the band accumulated numerous hit songs in Canada and the United States, earning four multi-platinum albums and selling millions of records. After being rejected by many American record labels, they signed with Columbia/CBS Records Canada and began recording their first album March 20, 1980, with Mike Reno (born in New Westminster, B.C. January 8, 1955 and previously with Moxy as Mike Rynoski) on lead vocals, Paul Dean (born in Vancouver, B.C. on February 19, 1946; previously with Streetheart and Scrubbaloe Caine) on guitars and vocals, Jim Clench (formerly of April Wine and BTO, who was born in Montreal May 1, 1949 but was quickly replaced by Scott Smith born in Winnipeg, MB on February 13, 1955) on bass guitar, Doug Johnson (born in New Westminster December 19, 1957) on keyboards, and Matt Frenette (born in Calgary on March 7, 1954) on drums (also a former Streetheart alumnus). The band's hit singles, particularly "Turn Me Loose" and "Working for the Weekend", have become arena rock staples and are still heard on many classic rock and classic hits radio stations across the United States and Canada. They are currently based in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Told by U.S. record companies that they weren't good enough to make it big, Loverboy went back to Canada, signed with a Canadian record company and went on to become one of the most successful rock n' roll bands of all time! :thumbup1: I have seen them in concert several times and they are absolutely fantastic! Mike Reno can really sing! They feed off the energy of the crowd and as the concert goes on, they get better and better! If you have a chance to see Loverboy in concert, go! You wont be disappointed! :thumbsup::thumbup::clap::rockon:

Loverboy Live At The Wildflower Music Festival, Texas 2014

Yes, they are still performing to this very day and they can still really rock n' roll! :yes::thumbup1::clap:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I hear the tune playing. and I know the Movie. and the song .. the whole album is good

The Sequel was not as good

Aldo Nova - Fantasy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_(Aldo_Nova_song)

"Fantasy" is the debut single by Canadian rock musician Aldo Nova and is regarded as his most popular work to date. Released on his eponymous debut album in 1981, the song climbed to #3 on the Mainstream rock chart, and #23 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.[1] The song was featured in a flashback sequence in the final episode of the popular television series Rob & Big. A cover version of the song, performed by Steel Panther, is the current theme song for the MTV show Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory.

Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addicted_to_Love_(song)

"Addicted to Love" is a song by English rock singer Robert Palmer released in 1986. The song has become known as his signature song, thanks in part to a highly popular video featuring high fashion models.[1] Other artists have released versions since.
It is the third song on Palmer's Riptide album. The most commonly heard version runs around four minutes, but the full album version runs a little over six minutes.
The song entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart the week ending 8 February 1986. The song ended up topping the Billboard Hot 100, as well as the Billboard Top Rock Tracks chart. It even made the Top 10 of Billboard's Hot Black Singles chart. It was one of the last 45 RPM singles to receive a million-selling Gold certification. It also reached number one in Australia, and number five on the UK Singles Chart.

The Cars - Hello Again

"Hello Again" is a song performed by the rock band The Cars, released in 1984 as the fourth single from the album Heartbeat City. It was the fourth Top 20 hit from the album, reaching number 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart; it also reached number 8 on the Dance Music/Club Play Singles chart and number 22 on the Mainstream Rock chart.[1]
The music video for the song was directed by Andy Warhol, who also appeared in the video as did a then-unknown Gina Gershon. The music video explored the controversial topics of sex and violence (mostly the former) that were being featured in music and at the time.

The Cars - Moving In Stereo & All Mixed Up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_in_Stereo

"Moving in Stereo" is a song by American rock band The Cars. It appeared on their 1978 self-titled debut album. It was also released as the B-side of the band's "My Best Friend's Girl" single in 1978. It is one of the few Cars songs partially written by the band's keyboardist, Greg Hawkes.
The song was notable for its use in the 1982 film Fast Times at Ridgemont High, where it accompanied Judge Reinhold's fantasy of Phoebe Cates removing her bikini top while walking toward him.[1] It has also been featured in TV parodies of that scene. While the song was in the movie, it was not included on the soundtrack album released by Asylum Records, coincidentally a sister label to Elektra. It has since been featured or parodied in several films and television shows.[2]
Sung by Cars bass guitarist and vocalist Benjamin Orr, Moving in Stereo also features a short bass solo by Orr. Throughout the song, Orr's bass is treated with an octave divider effects unit, doubling the bass one octave higher.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_in_Stereo

"Moving in Stereo" is a song by American rock band The Cars. It appeared on their 1978 self-titled debut album. It was also released as the B-side of the band's "My Best Friend's Girl" single in 1978. It is one of the few Cars songs partially written by the band's keyboardist, Greg Hawkes.
The song was notable for its use in the 1982 film Fast Times at Ridgemont High, where it accompanied Judge Reinhold's fantasy of Phoebe Cates removing her bikini top while walking toward him.[1] It has also been featured in TV parodies of that scene. While the song was in the movie, it was not included on the soundtrack album released by Asylum Records, coincidentally a sister label to Elektra. It has since been featured or parodied in several films and television shows.[2]
Sung by Cars bass guitarist and vocalist Benjamin Orr, Moving in Stereo also features a short bass solo by Orr. Throughout the song, Orr's bass is treated with an octave divider effects unit, doubling the bass one octave higher.[3]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJxuYfpi9QY
She said to leave it to Meeeeeeeeeeee!!! Everything will be allllriiiiiiiight!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
John Cafferty is great cruising music. Dad would listen to both albums start to finish on road trips from Reno to Las Vegas
As lose as I can get to todays music. I can not even name A TUNE. so I have to agree with Dad, because he is from my generation...

Here is a song done by Charlie Daniels that came out in 1973, which I suspect is way before many of the Corolla Forum members here were even around to think about driving their Corolla's! :thumbsup::) For any of you that have never heard this song, you are in for a treat. This is a great song, very entertaining and you may find yourself laughing quite a few times. :D Come on everyone, share your own songs here. This can be a lot of fun. :yes:
Wow, what's that big black spinning thing? :rolleyes:

Don't forget the Easy Rider '88

Fishy, give this one a listen.

Rusty Maples - Monsoon

There is good modern music ... you have to dig to find it ... and chances are if it plays on the radio, it sucks.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck (Live At Donington)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Donington_%28AC/DC_album%29

Live at Donington is the DVD recording of the AC/DC show at Donington Park on 17 August 1991, and it was the band's third "Monsters of Rock" festival. The two hour show was performed before 72,500[1] spectators and included real cannons, the Hells Bell, an inflatable Rosie and an inflatable Angus.[2] It was filmed in 35 mm Panavision and had 26 cameras that included one situated inside a helicopter. The DVD includes special features such as stereo and 5.1 surround sound, Iso-cam versions of certain songs for different band members, and audio commentary from Angus and Malcolm Young.[2]

This is from the AC/DC Live At Donington DVD, which is one of the best, most entertaining music videos I've ever had the pleasure to watch/listen to. Angus Young, the lead guitarist, I think was born with a guitar in his hands. :thumbup1: This DVD can be had for about $10 at most stores and it's the most fun I've ever had with $10. :) The size of the crowd at this concert was just massive and did they ever get their money's worth!

I once met the entire band in a bar when they came to my town for a concert and they all were very down to earth, nice people that were very easy to talk with. You'd never know they were worth millions. They all just had blue jeans and t-shirts on and were very open and laid back. When I introduced myself and told them I had tickets to see their show, they insisted I sit down with them and have a few drinks. That was quite an evening. It was myself, the bartender and the entire AC/DC band in a bar all by ourselves and it was great! They are all really nice guys.

Judas Priest - (The Hellion ) Electric Eye [HQ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Eye_%28song%29

This song is prophetic. Sadly, it describes our modern day world perfectly, with surveillance video cameras everywhere we go and the resulting lack of privacy. I have a nagging suspicion that this has eroded our societal health. I included the lyrics to the song below.

Electric Eye

Up here in space
I'm looking down on you
My lasers trace
Everything you do

You think you've private lives
Think nothing of the kind!
There is no true escape
I'm watching all the time!

I'm made of metal!
My circuits gleam!
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean!

I'm elected electric spy!
I'm protected electric eye!

Always in focus
You can't feel my stare
I zoom into you
You don't know I'm there

I take a pride in probing all your secret moves
My tearless retina takes pictures that can prove!

I'm made of metal!
My circuits gleam!
I am perpetual

Electric eye
In the sky
Feel my stare
Always there

There's nothing you can do about it
Develop and expose
I feed upon your every thought!
And so my power grows!

I'm made of metal!
My circuits gleam!
I am perpetual

I'm elected electric spy
I'm elected
Protected
Detective
Electric eye!!!

I once met the entire band in a bar when they came to my town for a concert and they all were very down to earth, nice people that were very easy to talk with. You'd never know they were worth millions. They all just had blue jeans and t-shirts on and were very open and laid back. When I introduced myself and told them I had tickets to see their show, they insisted I sit down with them and have a few drinks. That was quite an evening. It was myself, the bartender and the entire AC/DC band in a bar all by ourselves and it was great! They are all really nice guys.
That's awesome! Thunderstruck...one of my favorite songs. I got the cassette (yes) Razors Edge for Christmas in 1990. On February 24, 1991, I sat on top of a deuce-and-a-half (2 1/2 ton truck) with an M2 .50 cal on a ring mount riding into Iraq listening to Razors Edge for about 2 days until the batteries on my tape player ran down. Every time I hear Thunderstruck, it takes me back :)

:clap::thumbup::)
That's awesome! Thunderstruck...one of my favorite songs. I got the cassette (yes) Razors Edge for Christmas in 1990. On February 24, 1991, I sat on top of a deuce-and-a-half (2 1/2 ton truck) with an M2 .50 cal on a ring mount riding into Iraq listening to Razors Edge for about 2 days until the batteries on my tape player ran down. Every time I hear Thunderstruck, it takes me back :)
Thank you for your service to our county! :thumbsup::thumbup::clap::)

fishycomics

Super Moderator
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Excellent set of tune. Awesome to hear them over and overagain!!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Now one of my ll time fav Foreigner

And if you want to get into some of all time fav's in the Movies we seen years ago

Last American Vergin. Lionel Richie, Cars, you name it.

Aerosmith - RUN-DMC - Walk This Way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_This_Way

"Walk This Way" is a song by American hard rock group Aerosmith. Written by Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, the song was originally released as the second single from the 1975 album Toys in the Attic. It peaked at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 in early 1977, part of a string of successful hit singles for the band in the 1970s. In addition to being one of the songs that helped break Aerosmith into the mainstream in the 1970s, it also helped revitalize their career in the 1980s when it was covered by rappers Run–D.M.C. on their 1986 album Raising Hell. This cover was a touchstone for the new musical sub-genre of rap rock, or the melding of rock and hip hop. It became an international hit and won both groups a Soul Train Music Award for Best Rap - Single in 1987.

This is a fun music video. :D

Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls

One of my all time favorite rock n' roll songs! It has such a raunchy sound to it, with the gutsy sound of that guitar and a catchy beat! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Bottomed_Girls

English rock band Queen. Written by guitarist Brian May, the track featured on their 1978 album Jazz, and later on their compilation album, Greatest Hits.[1] When released as a single with "Bicycle Race", the song reached number 11 in the UK Singles Chart, and number 24 in the Billboard Hot 100 in the US.[2][3]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oinZtisIgys"][/ame]

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Helloooooooo ... is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me! Is there anyonnnne hoooome?