This Forum vs Mega-Giant Corporate Owned Forums

Greetings everyone. :)

I wanted to discuss something that has been going on that many of the Corolla Forum members here are not aware of.

There is a competing forum that is owned by a huge corporation raking in huge profits with the many forums it owns. Certain individuals from that forum, (which shall go nameless), have repeatedly infiltrated this forum posting links to the huge corporate owned forum in an effort to steal forum members from this great Corolla Forum we have here. It has also come to my attention that this same underhanded activity is carried out via private messages. I find this behavior unethical and absolutely despicable.

A lot of good people have spent countless thousands of hours building and growing this forum into the best Corolla Forum on the Internet, with more helpful videos, articles and resources than any other Corolla forum and without mega-giant corporate sponsorship money pouring in! I am confident that the mega-giant forum can grow on its own without having to resort to the underhanded tactics of stealing members from this forum.

I would also like to add that these mega-giant forums have many over-the-top rules that are tyrannically and heavy-handedly enforced by small-minded, power-mad Moderators, (individuals I refer to as Dominators). This forum isn't like that, at all and as long as I am around, will not be. I've never banned anyone here except for spammers. Everyone here is welcome to say what they wish without fear, as long as it isn't attacking someone else, an illegal activity or endangering someone's life.

This is a smaller but growing forum that is privately owned but thanks to the wonderful contributions of many members here, has steadily grown and as with any small business, it makes a huge positive difference when we support small businesses instead of huge corporations. Support the huge corporation and some big shot executive gets more trips on the corporate owned Learjet, or buys another Porsche to add to the collection, or another fancy condominium in Aspen, Colorado, etc. Support a small business and you are helping to put food on the dinner table for a family with children, helping pay their monthly rent, school clothes for kids, the veterinarian bill for the beloved family pet, etc. Especially in this horrible economy that millions and millions of people are suffering under, supporting small businesses like this Corolla Forum can make a tremendous positive impact in people's lives, people just like you and not some overpaid, stuffed shirt executive being chauffeured around in a corporate limousine.

Lastly, I'd like everyone to know that I don't get paid one red penny for being a Moderator here. I volunteered to do this in order to help the forum grow, (as I much prefer to support a small business than some big corporation), and I also very much enjoy helping people with their vehicles, which is something I have done on a professional basis for the past thirty years. I have run several very successful multimillion dollar auto centers ranked amongst the very best in the entire country, have a plethora of automotive certifications, raced in the S.C.C.A., and generally lived and breathed cars and helping other people with their cars all my adult life. Point being, you wont get this level of automotive knowledge/assistance and from the many other very knowledgeable members here, just anywhere . But you will at the best darned website for Corolla's anywhere on the Internet; right here at the Corolla Forum! :thumbup::clap::thumbup1::):balloon::party:

Last edited:
I always wondered about this stuff, I'm a member of a truck forum but I don't know many details about it. I'm all about small biz and supporting them when I can, but the imported stuff that's everywhere now makes it hard to do. Thanks for posting this.

I know a few of us are members of both. Will this cause any issues as long as we remain ethical (i.e., we don't tell someone from xx to come here or tell someone from here to go to xx)?

Anyone is free to do as their conscience allows.

My main concern has been the repeated infiltrations I mentioned, which seems to say a lot about them.

Charisma

Master Detailer!
I'm willing to bet I'm a member of a few other forums they own and it's standard practice for them to do things like this.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help on behalf of corollaforum.com; which I'll now begin referring to as CF.com

FYI I have a lot of forum experience ;)

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I am a member of a number of forum sites. Honda for one, why because I helped out big time....

And I am here as well. If one wanted a picture I go out there and grab it. one wanted to know how a front brake pad was done, I go out there and do that, just the person I am. very helpful.

Love the guys here. I hope it is not TN... lets get this party going and hope to see better days

Scott & Don keep up the great work. our personal time pays off in the long run!

FISH