Throttle body spacers

So has anyone been able to find a throttle body spacer for the 2014 and up Corolla? I've been looking around but can't seem to find one.

koby

I saw a write up somewhere where someone had done this to a 10th gen and nothing changed. Certain engines like throttle body spacers and others it doesnt change anything

Thanks, was just curious...trying to get whatever I can out of this little motor as I can. Going from a Beefy V8 Tundra engine to the lawn mower motor in the Corolla is going to take some getting used to! Feel like my balls have been cut ;)

Last edited:

koby

Thanks, was just curious...trying to get whatever I can out of this little motor as I can. Going from a Beefy V8 Tundra engine to the lawn mower motor in the Corolla is going to take some getting used to! Feel like my balls have been cut ;)
I feel the pain man, went from a maxima to this and I feel like the sun and the moon have to be on perfect sync to get any power out of this but then again I did buy it for fuel efficiency

Yeahh.. This 2014 Corolla S is my very first car, and when I bought it, I knew nothing about cars. I didn't even care for them. Boy did that change! My girlfriend has a 1993 C4 Corvette LT1 (300hp V8) which she and I are restoring, and man.. 300hp isn't much anymore these days but accelerating in my car is just pitiful after I take a drive in hers. Other than the power aspect though, I absolutely love this car. It has everything else.. just no power. But I guess that's exactly what it was designed for. Just hoping I'll be able to supercharge or turbocharge it sometime.

Yeahh.. This 2014 Corolla S is my very first car, and when I bought it, I knew nothing about cars. I didn't even care for them. Boy did that change! My girlfriend has a 1993 C4 Corvette LT1 (300hp V8) which she and I are restoring, and man.. 300hp isn't much anymore these days but accelerating in my car is just pitiful after I take a drive in hers. Other than the power aspect though, I absolutely love this car. It has everything else.. just no power. But I guess that's exactly what it was designed for. Just hoping I'll be able to supercharge or turbocharge it sometime.
Lol! Exactly! I think I could beat this thing in a 40 yard dash. I'm just looking for some low end power. Trying to have some fun with this car since I had to trade down. Guess I'm just going to have to mod for looks...looking into dropping it a little with some BC coilovers and putting some nice 18's on it. I'm rather disappointed in the lack of aftermarket items available.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Lol! Exactly! I think I could beat this thing in a 40 yard dash. I'm just looking for some low end power. Trying to have some fun with this car since I had to trade down. Guess I'm just going to have to mod for looks...looking into dropping it a little with some BC coilovers and putting some nice 18's on it. I'm rather disappointed in the lack of aftermarket items available.
There is a pretty decent aftermarket for the 11th gen Corolla. You just have to search for it: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...modifications-available-11th-gen-corolla.html

But, with any car, gaining power will cost money. Especially since the Corolla isn't designed to have a lot of power in the first place but it's still possible. Fast and easy ways to make power is through forced induction.

Throttle Body Spacers don't really do anything. More of a gimmick than a true power adder, unless of course that throttle body spacer has ports for nitrous injection ... then you might be on to something.