Tire Source For Your Corolla - Good Prices

Only issues are 1) I have to pay installation costs and 2) Road hazard warranty procedures are a pain in the rear with Tire Rack and 3) I have to pay for balancing and rotations. I really don't see a lot of savings in the end.

Prices can vary quite a bit. To find the best prices, always shop around and compare. If for nothing else, Tire Rack is a great source of information from motorists providing feedback on their experiences with a given tire.

Last year I had a set of Mastercraft 60,000-mile tires installed with road hazard warranty for $350. Unfortunately, I went with Goodyear and not Discount Tire.

Last edited:
Ive had good luck with tirerack. Especially when you're purchasing 285/70r17s for a full size pickup. The discount is pretty significant.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I use tirerack.com. never had a problem with them. shipped back a mistake cost me $28.00 long story short. wrong size.

I chose to use the shop by me, given us a better deal of the same company tire on the car, installed and all.

I ordered from tirerack.com, and saved from a $130.00 a 79.00 cost $20.00 tax free to install a tire 31.00 total saving shipping ran 13.00 I only came out ahead $20.00 per tire!

Mastercraft?

That sounds suspiciously like a, "quality", made in China tire.

I've already had/have an issue with a pulling to the right, then to the left after I swapped the fronts. Shop told me alignment is "spot on" and it has to be a tire. I moved the suspected problem tire from RF to RR and pulling ceased. I took it to Goodyear, explained I narrowed down the bad tire. They marked it, rotated back to the original location at LF and pulling is gone -- and has been gone for just over a month. Odd.

Still once, in a while, the steering wheel is a little off center.

It will take awhile to wear these out, but I will be relieved to go with a better brand with Discount Tire when they do.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I'm also a big fan of Kumho tires in general and have used this same model (KR21) in a different size on my car trailer (don't ask, it's a long story) for the past year and a half with no problems. I've had their Road Venture A/T's on the rear of my VW 'dune buggies for two years along with a set on my 4x4 which gets driven like a go-kart on the street and like a Rally car in the dirt. So far no complaints or problems with any of them.

And their made in Korea, not China :) (although I have a couple of sets of Chinese tires rolling around here too) :shifty:

Kevin

I'm also a big fan of Kumho tires in general and have used this same model (KR21) in a different size on my car trailer (don't ask, it's a long story) for the past year and a half with no problems. I've had their Road Venture A/T's on the rear of my VW 'dune buggies for two years along with a set on my 4x4 which gets driven like a go-kart on the street and like a Rally car in the dirt. So far no complaints or problems with any of them.

And their made in Korea, not China :) (although I have a couple of sets of Chinese tires rolling around here too) :shifty:

Kevin

Is this a 45K tire? How do I know the mileage if it's not listed?

Kev250R

This is my other car
I just checked America's Tire Co and they show a Kumho Ecsta 4X KU22 which fits a 2010 Corolla (205/55-16) which has a 40,000 mile warranty. I know I've seen the Solus KR 21's on a Corolla recently but didn't catch the size they were running or the year of the Corolla. Accoriding to Kumho's website the KR21's have a limited 80,000 mile warranty.

Kevin

In my opinion, (have to keep it legal), :), an 80,000 mile warranty is merely a marketing gimmick to sell more tires. It is beyond rare for a tire to last 80,000 miles.

Kev250R

This is my other car
Scott, I agree with you. Personally if I get 50,000 out of a set of tires I consider myself lucky. Most of the time I end-up replacing tires because the sun gets to them long before they loose their tread.

Kevin

At my auto center I once had a customer who had 112,000 miles on his tires and they still had 3-4 32nd's of tread left! (The legal limit is 2/32nd's). I was absolutely astounded. He did take very good care of his tires though with regular rotations, rebalancing, checking the air pressure every week and regular wheel alignments. He drove a lot of miles per year, something to the tune of 40,000 miles and it was 95% highway miles he accumulated commuting to work and back.

The tires were the General XP-2000, which was a wonderful tire that isn't made anymore, sadly. :(

General does make some very good tires and at a reasonable price.

But generally, most tires will last about 40,000-50,000 miles with the use, (or abuse), that most motorists have with their tires.