Top Speed CVT

Just curious if anyone took their 11th gen Corolla speed to the limit. I took a fishing trip (in Mexico) some 300 mi each way and was literally doing a 100 mph with very little effort most of the way there. I hear the limiter or car is capable of 115 but I felt like it had a lot more there.

I should add, I had three people in the car, full trunk, and hitch rack loaded to the max.

From my understanding, the limiter is set to 115 because, when factoring in the tires, transmission and suspension, that's the highest speed it can handle safely without any of those parts failing individually or all together. I've taken mine to 100 with nothing in the car besides myself and a spare tire and it felt to me like the engine was coming close onto all it could handle.

I got to 115 once on an empty interstate in the middle of nowhere late at night. Like Raza Waqif said, the car BARELY made it to 115 and at that point there really was no more power, even if the limiter wasn't there. I mean MAYBE you could reach 120 without it but you'd risk damaging things. Anyway, point is, the limiter isn't really a problem because the car can't really go faster anyway.

I got up to 115 with no problem rather quickly than what asume it would and I was on 5th gear about to shift to 6 wen the governor kicked in. I have a manual and was on a empty highway in the middle of the night. 110 MPH is safe given the road conditions but tires is what allows you how fast can u go safely since they r rated to go in different speeds and temperatures.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The US Corolla's are speed limited to 115 mph but I've seen a video of a non speed limited 11th gen Corolla Altis reach 130 mph. That was with the 1.6L 1ZR-FE engine though so with the 1.8L 2ZR-FE, you might get 132-135 mph at most without it being speed limited.

In my 2009 S with a 5-speed and the same 1.8 2ZR-FE engine I hit 118 mph in the middle of nowhere in Nevada. On my car the fuel cut-off hit at that point but the car was still pulling well with the manual transmission.

Yea the manual tranny gets more mph !

With the CVT I hit fuel cut around 115 mph in Pay troll roads (thanks Chicago)...had to stay at 110...wonder if there's a way to pull the limiter?
*Motech exhaust time!

...or calculate max speed from the two variable pulley grooves and chain...
Besides that...adhd kicking in yo! wonder how much power from a turbocharger can the CVT take?
(don't answer please....ruin my high school dreams!)

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Yea the manual tranny gets more mph !

With the CVT I hit fuel cut around 115 mph in Pay troll roads (thanks Chicago)...had to stay at 110...wonder if there's a way to pull the limiter?
*Motech exhaust time!

...or calculate max speed from the two variable pulley grooves and chain...
Besides that...adhd kicking in yo! wonder how much power from a turbocharger can the CVT take?
(don't answer please....ruin my high school dreams!)
The CVT can take a bit of boost just fine. Just don't go over the board with it since it's a stock transmission. There was a Corolla S CVT that was boosted and I think it had made 6-8 lbs of boost on it and it was holding up fine. (I hope this didn't ruin your dreams)