Top speed limited to 114 mph?

Dude that sounds good man. Dats wats up. I wish u would've booked it a lil more to see how good it sounds. But it sounds good man.
I can always book it much more later tonight. I have a good 2 miles of straight road by my community which is virtually car free after 9 PM.

I totally agree with the very slow off the start. I have the '15 S Plus auto. I have it in Sport mode and use the paddles. I just sit there for like 2 sec before it realizes I want to GO!
Very disappointing. I should have done more research. And I really don't line the CVT. It always feels like the trans slips. I have to leave it in Sport mode which somewhat mom mocks a normal car. :(
You have a CVT or an Auto? There is a big difference with the transmission types. My ECU learned my driving habits and is now an extension of me. If I want to floor it...it knows...its knows what I like...

Let me know when you're ready to race.

to be honest, i know my corolla would be decimated by your camaro but i would still race you because to me its about the joy i get from it. the other day i was cut off by a 2008 ish Acura tL and eventually caught up to him and i was already maxing out at 114 and he just kept on going. but i would like to see my corolla go faster.

I totally agree with the very slow off the start. I have the '15 S Plus auto. I have it in Sport mode and use the paddles. I just sit there for like 2 sec before it realizes I want to GO!
Very disappointing. I should have done more research. And I really don't line the CVT. It always feels like the trans slips. I have to leave it in Sport mode which somewhat mom mocks a normal car. :(
i found on amazon.com a throttle interceptor called pedal commander and im currently saving up for it, but the reviews say that its supposed to give much better response in each mode you set it to. heres the link. https://www.amazon.com/Pedal-Comman...srs=10226455011&ie=UTF8&qid=1474850627&sr=8-1

to be honest, i know my corolla would be decimated by your camaro but i would still race you because to me its about the joy i get from it. the other day i was cut off by a 2008 ish Acura tL and eventually caught up to him and i was already maxing out at 114 and he just kept on going. but i would like to see my corolla go faster.
Yeah, so what would you have done if you caught up to the Acura?

i found on amazon.com a throttle interceptor called pedal commander and im currently saving up for it, but the reviews say that its supposed to give much better response in each mode you set it to. heres the link. https://www.amazon.com/Pedal-Comman...srs=10226455011&ie=UTF8&qid=1474850627&sr=8-1
Seems like a ripoff. All it does it change the throttle calibration. It doesn't add power.

The Eco mode just stops you from going more than 1/3 throttle and the Sport mode just makes it so that you're at full throttle when halfway on it. That's it.

This is a funny thread. And just to note, a Corolla should do faster than a 20 second 1/4 mile. My 1984 Land Cruiser that has 3.7 differentials and 33" tires ran a 19.76 lol

Would be fun to see a CVT drag race against a 6-speed.

@Donabed Kopoian How fast have you taken your 6-speed? I don't remember exactly but I thought I have gotten mine over 114. It was late at night on an empty road. Curious to know if the 6spd has different restrictions.

This is a funny thread. And just to note, a Corolla should do faster than a 20 second 1/4 mile.
Funny indeed. You'd swear its about Porsche ! And yes, lower than 20 for 1/4 mile. C&D has them at 16,7/85 (Manual), 17,4/83 (CVT Eco) and 18,1/81 (CVT)
115. It's speed limited because of the tires that come with the car from the factory, regardless of transmission
Not only the tires but almost evert other components. Performance is not just about going faster, but also having compliant tires, suspension, brakes...