Touch Screen Display Stuck in Update Loop

Toyota needs to do what's right and recall these radios . 2 years without a radio.
Won’t happen. Recalls are for NHTSA safety related issues. Updates can only deal with common issues (like a new phone OS on the market). Corolla’s, actually all Toyota’s and all industry’s head units have too frequent problems but the sources are so varied and multiple despite apparently common symptoms that no single solution will resolve all. Even Hyundai/Kia doesn’t apply its longer than competition warranty to head units…

And contrary to what some seem to believe here, updates won’t transform a Fujitsu Ten Unit into a Panasonic unit or a QNX-Blackberry OS (Entune 2) into a Linux-AG OS (Entune 3). Only getting a new gen Toyota can do that. And a new unit is definitely nowhere near $7K.:p

My 2014 Corolla's entune touch screen radio had the same issue. One day the radio just stopped working, it wouldn't let me touch anything and it was frozen. I held the power button down to reset it then it started with the update loop and didn't stop for weeks. I was going to get a new radio for my anniversary this month but this Tuesday the radio came on when I started the car for work. I hardly even noticed because the radio didn't play when it came on. It played fine and when it asked to do the mandatory update I denied. The next day I let it do the update because I knew it wouldn't stop asking and it updated fine. I'm really shocked that it came back on its own. Especially after reading this forum and no one finding a solution. I think I'll trade it in for a better car before it happens again. Not fair of Toyota to ignore this issue.
my radio is still in update loop I need help it will not do anything

I see that this thread is a little old but I just wanted to chime in and say that I am also having this issue. My 14’ Corolla has 74k miles. It’s an LE premium plus. About a week ago it started looping and hasn’t stopped. I took it to the dealership and at first they couldn’t figure out what the issue was, then they called me back 4 hours later and said that there was a short that fried my radio/computer. They said that I need a whole new radio/computer system, about 5k to fix. I do have an extended bumper to bumper warranty good till 100k miles and the dealership said that the policy I bought covers all high tech components so I’m really hoping this is covered. Otherwise I just wont have a radio anymore, still paying on the car for 2 more years. This really sucks.

So what exactly is going on? Someone in the thread mentioned that they will tell you it’s a short but it actually isn’t? The service advisor said my phone/phone charger plugged into the USB port could have caused the short but that seems unlikely. Does anyone know what the actual issue is?

said that there was a short that fried my radio/computer.
I doubt the car computer itself is fried, otherwise the whole vehicle wouldn't work. If it has navigation, some say that a new, updated SD card map solve the problem (but a new card isn't free unless they let you test it). Or you may try this trick, apparently also working for some.