Toyota Corolla Acceleration Problems

Hello

I have Toyota corolla 2001.
I am having an acceleration problem. like while driving when i apply breaks to slow it down and stop at the intersection and accelerate again, car does not pick up acceleration, it seems like engine is going to turn off, or its like car is running out of gas and going to stop but after 2-3 seconds acceleration comes back to normal and car picks up the speed. it is very dangerous when making a left turn because the car almost dies for 2-3 seconds and then it picks up the acceleration. i changed the spark plugs but the problem is still there. i dont know what is causing this problem. this does not happen when i start my car and start driving. this problem only comes when i stop my car at any intersection and accelerate to get back to normal speed.

any help is appreciated

Thank you

Jass

Last edited:

Ted

Toyota has put a command in their cars' computers to do what you experienced when you step on the gas and the brake at the same time. This came about when they had the so-called problem with the sticking accelerators a few years back.

so how do i fix this problem.
i changed the fuel injectors too but the problem is still there. if i turn off the car at red light and restart it, the problem goes away for a while but comes back like after 15-20 minutes of drive.