Toyota Corolla Airbags Questions

Friend is looking to buy a used '07 Toyota Corolla LE. Looking up the car showed that it came "optional" with Anti-lock brakes, side airbags, and side curtain airbags.

The anti-lock brakes I thought came standard, but the real question is if the vehicle has plain side or side-curtain airbags. My first thought was to look for the [SRS] symbol in places where the airbags would deploy. I am on the other side of the country for the next two weeks, so can't help him look, and the internet isn't pulling any youtube videos or images of where this symbol would be.

Car Fax, a VIN# decoder, and the manual either don't have the information, or just suggest these features were available to have/be removed but doesn't actually state if the vehicle has them.

So to all you Corolla experts, IS there even a symbol over the side or side-curtain airbags? If there is, is it put in a special place that isn't obvious?

The SRS logo will be on the door side of the seat and on the A-pillar. ABS is optional. If you have four wheel disc, chances are you have ABS. If you have rear drums, no ABS.

Call a Toyota dealers Parts Department with the VIN of the car and they can look it up for you on their computer and tell you how it is equipped. :thumbsup:

Last edited: