Toyota Corolla - RPM revs up to 4000

Hi
I bought 2018 toyota corolla in July 2018. The car rpm revs up to 4000 whenever there is downhill. It happens whenever i am using traditional cruise control or dynamic radar cruise control. I took it to dealership and they are denying the car has any issues. They say this is how CVT engines work.
What should i do?. Please give me any suggestions. I am also victim of yo-yo financing.

Thanks

CVTs have a lot more engine braking than conventional AT to begin with. Now, since you mention cruise control the issue would be more with that than the CVT as some report it. It's apparently the way it was engineered (not that it's a good thing !).

delrey

From my understanding, it is normal for CVT's to rev during engine braking going downhill. Also, what is the behavior without cruise control? Plus in my experience the dynamic radar cruise does some weird things to maintain speeds.

Is Speed variation of +/- 6 mph is considerable on downhills. Some times I had to either accelerate or decelerate to avoid getting closer to vehicles on highways.

Hi
I bought 2018 toyota corolla in July 2018. The car rpm revs up to 4000 whenever there is downhill. It happens whenever i am using traditional cruise control or dynamic radar cruise control. I took it to dealership and they are denying the car has any issues. They say this is how CVT engines work.
What should i do?.
I'm getting the same run-around from Toyota - And I appreciate all the comments about "this is normal for CVT," however, my wife's 2014 Corolla doesn't rev like this (also a CVT) and I just rented a 2020 Corolla (also CVT) and it didn't rev like that either. It looks like 2017-2018 was an issue that Toyota doesn't want to address. In the 2020 I rented, going down steep slopes the RPMs would go to 3,000, but if that didn't slow the car, the brakes would automatically kick in (same as what happens on the 2018 with cruise control on/active if you press and hold down the "set" to reduce the set cruise speed). In other words, the system can function the same as the 2020 - the brake can be programmed to kick automatically instead of relying solely on the CVT (and this is what they've done in the 2020) - but Toyota will not do the same for the 2018.