Toyota Is Moving It's U.S. Headquarters From California To Texas

I agree with you.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Seems to describe California perfectly; raise taxes and regulations on businesses and residents, encouraging them to leave the state. So then California has to raise more taxes to make up for the shortfall in tax revenue from the businesses and residents that have moved away, encouraging even more residents and businesses to leave the state, etc., etc. It's a vicious cycle.

The state budget in California is teetering on collapse. They can't keep on taxing and spending or they'll be bankrupt and this would negatively affect the economy for all of us. :(

I was in Nevada right before the housing bubble popped. There were so many jobs moving into Reno from California, that companies were giving raises just to prevent employees from going to these new jobs. More jobs available than workers made an awesome position to be in.

Unfortunately, most of these jobs were related to <drumroll please> housing materials! So when the bubble popped, the fun ended. I moved out just in time, but I do plan on going back when I finish school down here.

I was making more money in Nevada because I wasn't paying so much taxes like I do in California. It's insane how much of my paycheck goes to the state, when you take in the income tax, high sales tax, mandatory internet purchase tax, etc. etc. etc.

E92

Right down the street from me :shifty:.

Texas is alright, there's things I think I like about California better. Wish we had the ocean, better weather, and lifestyle type things... Diversity is not NYC but I don't think it's bad at all in the city. Food ranks pretty high I think compared to other places I've been.