Tpms

I hate the TPMS light that comes on almost every day when weather changes. Is there a way to take this feature out, but keep the
warning when a tire is actually leaking or going flat.

We have driven for 50 years without this thing, should be able to continue

Kev250R

This is my other car
I'm not a fan of it either. On my '10 Corolla I checked the tire pressures prior to a road trip and found all four were off by more than 10 LBS, but all were over 30 PSI so the light wasn't on.

Since it's not going away here's how I would make the TPMS system better:

1) Establish a way for the light to indicate which tire is low by flashing. Something like one flash means Left-front, two flashes right-front, etc.

2) Allow it to indicate when there are more than 10 LBS difference between tires.

3) Figure-out a way for it to keep track of mileage and remind you when the tires need to be rotated (I'm lousy at keeping track of that).

4) Change the icon so it doesn't look like a butt (My GF's suggestion :rolleyes: )

Kevin

I hate the TPMS light that comes on almost every day when weather changes. Is there a way to take this feature out, but keep the
warning when a tire is actually leaking or going flat.

We have driven for 50 years without this thing, should be able to continue
Set your cold psi and then intiialize the system. You are probably running a pressure that varies from the set pressure and are right at that threshold where the light gets triggered.

To do this, get your cold psi set, turn on the car (do NOT start it), then hold the TPMS button until the TPMS indicator flashes three times. Release the button, and wait a full minute, then start the car. That sets your pressure.

Kevin, same as above. Initialize your system as I described above (your TPMS button is directly underneath the dashboard slightly right of the steering wheel, you may have to look from the footwell to see it).

If your set psi is 32 but you are running at 42 for whatever reason, then your light won't trigger until the tires are about 28 or so.

So for your questions.

1) Eventually, the multi-information display will probably tell you which tire is triggering the alarm.

2) It does already, when your cold-psi is correctly set and initialized

3) MAINT REQ'D light already does it (it comes on every 5,000 miles, rotate the tires then).

4) Well ... a flat tire does look like a butt, so not much you can do with that.